New to karts need help

Shawn77

My son wants to run karts this year. He is 9. We are thinking of doing Jr. Sportsman champ class and was wondering if he should also do Jr. Sportsman flat kart? Are the classes similar or are they that much different. Since it is the first year would it be better to just to champ class?

thanks

My son wants to run karts this year. He is 9. We are thinking of doing Jr. Sportsman champ class and was wondering if he should also do Jr. Sportsman flat kart? Are the classes similar or are they that much different. Since it is the first year would it be better to just to champ class?

thanks

If it was me, I would think that you could learn a lot more, faster, with a flat kart. Probably save some money too, on the initial purchase.

Be prepared for a learning curve, a steep learning curve at that. The less things you have to worry about, the better. All the lessons you learn on the flat kart will be pretty much applicable if you ever go to a champ.

Welcome to Bob's. Best thing for you to do is find the tracks you are interested in racing at and see what classes they offer for your son
Some tracks don't have champs there. See what engines they run, tires etc. Seat time is important for young drivers so if you could run both it would be great. Champs are different to drive, setup is different too. Just enjoy the time together, it goes by fast. Any more questions feel free to ask.

Thanks for the help.

If I wanted to look for karts I would go the other threads and ask to see who has a flat kart and a champ kart?

Back