New to Meth.

level600a

I have a GX390 I am build for this summer only going to turn it 6800 rpm max, what size carb to I need, 28mm or 34mm, also who carries the Mikuni alky carbs. Cams is 330 lift, 246° dur.

Thanks in advance

I do believe a 260 duration cam would be a little better maybe. The 34mm carb will really make it scream but it will not want to stop at 6800 rpm. It will make power above that but rpms do kill in a lot of cases. I dont know if 28mm will be enough. 38mm seem to used a lot also. Good luck

I do believe a 260 duration cam would be a little better maybe. The 34mm carb will really make it scream but it will not want to stop at 6800 rpm. It will make power above that but rpms do kill in a lot of cases. I dont know if 28mm will be enough. 38mm seem to used a lot also. Good luck
I used a 370 lift 260 dur. Parson's cam last year, used 33mm mikuni pumper carb on gas and I couldn't get the gearing low enough I guess Max out at 7000 rpm with 12/68 gearing, cam never pulled like I thought it should, not saying it's a bad cam I just couldn't get it to work... was hoping less dur and Meth would pick the machine up some...... run on very small track 1/5 mile and under.....Learning here.

1/5 of a mile doesn't sound like a short track to me. And only 39 some odd mph, that seems really slow. But then I was calculating with a tire circumference of 34 inches.
But what do I know.

1/5 mile is a little shorter than Im used to. 3/8 to 1/2 mile pavement is more my realm. Let me know what you decide on and how it does. Good luck.

1/5 of a mile doesn't sound like a short track to me. And only 39 some odd mph, that seems really slow. But then I was calculating with a tire circumference of 34 inches.
But what do I know.
Guess I should have said.........run on very small trackS 1/5 mile and under.......the 1/5 track is our superspeedway......and 39 mph is about right...very tight turns...

It makes your teeth fall out, you start stealing everything that isn't bolted down and get terrible acme among other issues....I wouldn't recommend it.

Sorry I couldn't help it:)

Back