New to Predator

Helping a guy get started in the Predator class in central PA. Hemi head, stock everything including governor. 5,500 RPM max on stand, disconnect the low oil sensor and race.

Questions I have come up with:

1) How much oil to run?

2) The motor seems to surge in higher RPM's. any suggestions?

3) Plug ideas? I read on here that the 3910x is no good.

4) Who around central PA can look at a stinger clutch? We got 2 that came with the kart but they go so stupid hot the other night we couldn't touch them for about an hour after the race.

5) Where do you source OEM parts? The motor we got was missing the muffler, so we got one, but it was missing the screen and may have been tampered with internally from what I can see inside. Would just like to buy a legal muffler with the correct screen for a hemi head.

Thanks.

#2) sounds like your just over turning it, None I know of are able to turn over 5200 to race and be good.

Can't help ya much with others, can confirm for sure Gearing and Air pressure is critical to make speed, as somewhat of a gauge Gearing will be 2 for sure most 3 bigger on front driver than SR Clone, then almost double the air pressure.

Stinger might need lighter springs look it up in the clutch section or search syinger clutch springs , with the maginifing glass/seach function .
Will need to buy a take off muffler mosy likely .
15 oz oil , plug 3910x is ok . an autolite 63 or 64 will also work or chamion n3.
Surging somewhat normal , best not too run wide open on the stand no load .
For no good reason .

Last edited:
Thank you all, I'll try a few plugs and see what we like. We are aiming to turn 4,800 - 5,000 I think, just the stand rule, but I see I don't need to have the governor open that far I guess. I was way off on pressure. Lots to learn still, but we will get it thanks to everyone helping.

Joshua, If you're looking for a stock muffler for a Hemi, I just pulled one of a new motor I am preparing. I know for a fact it has not been tampered with. I'm located in Missouri and will make you a fair deal.

Joshua, If you're looking for a stock muffler for a Hemi, I just pulled one of a new motor I am preparing. I know for a fact it has not been tampered with. I'm located in Missouri and will make you a fair deal.
Yes, I will PM you.

Back