New to the class

jp39

Hey guys, I am new to the class and wanting to build a kart. I am having a hard time finding engine builders and info on the class can anyone help me out? Also just try to get a ball park on what it cost to put something together that's competitive. Thanks in advance.

If youre talking UAS, its gonna be the most expensive class engine wise there is, how much you will spend is in direct relation to how well you want to finish the races you may run....top level engines easily run in the several thousand dollar range, not uncommon to be running against 80-90hp or more monsters at speeds approaching 90mph, there are many builders out there, bergfelt, buller and seay come to mind quickly, search for them on here or the net if you want to learn more...

A lot........but not as much as a micro 600, no where near the cost of a modified, a fraction of a sprint car or late model. Still is the best bang for the buck and a ton of fun to race.

DK

Thanks for the input and the info. Last thing I ran was super dirt late models. This seems like alot more fun!
Where are you located? UAS has many different divisions/regions that put on races over the year, then the big one, the UAS Grandnational at the end of the year brings together the very best of the best together, 2020 edition sept 18-20 at wheelersburg ohio...

Where are you located? UAS has many different divisions/regions that put on races over the year, then the big one, the UAS Grandnational at the end of the year brings together the very best of the best together, 2020 edition sept 18-20 at wheelersburg ohio...
I'm in Mobile AL. Down on the Coast.

Go to a listing of regions at www.unlimitedallstars.org i suspect most of them will be putting out their schedules of race dates soon, if not already done so...also lists each regions directors name with contact info in the event you have any questions...

I'm in Mobile AL. Down on the Coast.
Theres a great turn key set up in classifieds.
Plus not everything avalible is listed for sale .
As stated contact the administrator in nearby area , they might know whats in the back of everyone's shop collecting dust .

You're size and weight will eventually be one of the cost factors. A smaller sized hot shoe sometimes can get away a little cheaper ,one way or another get the check book primed. Just my 2cents. Chuck.

Yes the weight to cc ratio helps level the playing field so you need to figure approximately 180-200# for a kart with 2 strokes and some of the 4 stroke guys can give you an idea of their weights. I would guess 20-30# more depending on engine.

Yes the weight to cc ratio helps level the playing field so you need to figure approximately 180-200# for a kart with 2 strokes and some of the 4 stroke guys can give you an idea of their weights. I would guess 20-30# more depending on engine.
my minecon scales about the same total weight with a 2 cycle/jackshaft/wedge body vs with a open animal and fiberglass 3 piece body with the sides cut to just enough to cover the side nerfs....

Back