New to the game

Packman88

Hello,
New to the whole tire prep game. We are looking at running some tracks that are slicks only. We will me on maxxis pinks/blues. We had two sets come with the kart, I dont know full history, how many laps...what and how much prep etc. Just wondering if there is anything I can wipe on that might help them. And also what to do as far as new tires. We will be looking at buying new ones as well

Thats a good point! Lol...Umm mainly just Wakeeney Mini Speedway in Wakeeney Ks, I am not sure on exact size or what races like as far as getting slick etc

Hot , dry and abrasive . we used Waller Racing Red , and Track Tac Products .
Do you have any prep now ?
some one at the track should have whats currently being used .

We've got a simple and effective prep program that can help.
I've got a few customers that have run (or are currently running) at Wakeeney so we've gotten some good feedback.
I personally ran at the big track there 10+ years ago. :)

Not knowing what's inside your Maxxis, it's sort of a gamble to try much with them.
You could use a mild internal and hopefully it is the same base (mineral spirits) as what was previously rolled internally.
For outside -- you need bite, and lots of it. Also something for a pre-race wipe.
I'd suggest building bite with our Black Bite 2.0, then firing the tires with our Monster Bite as a PRW.

If you have any questions about our Maxxis tire program or prep line, please feel free to call the shop, or drop me a note on here.

-----
?Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
30 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Back