New to the karting world

Kwells149

Alright everyone I am new to this whole karting thing. I have raced a few times but nothing competative. I have been going to my local dirt track for the past few weeks now and I am looking into getting into an outlaw class. I’m also looking for about price for kart and start up pricing if you guys could help out that would be awesome! Any information or if anyone is in the NC area that could help out that would be great! TIA

Assuming you already have a pickup and tools.
It would be tough to do for less then 3000- 5000.
On going costs are a concern also.

Assuming you already have a pickup and tools.
It would be tough to do for less then 3000- 5000.
On going costs are a concern also.

Yes I already have a truck and all the tools I’m talking just a kart and safety gear what am I looking at?

Yes I already have a truck and all the tools I’m talking just a kart and safety gear what am I looking at?

Specific's would be helpful.
Outlaw could be a five hundred dollar engine or 3000.00
Buying some one out is going to be cheapest.
New equipment or experienced equipment .
You could get a simple ten year old chassis with clone ready to go for 2-2500. Helmet and suit another 1500 for the best stuff.
That's not likely going to be the cheapest route.

I have been going to the Millbridge Speedway, I live in Mooresville, NC and have yet to make it around to the pits to talk to anyone. i have just been enjoying the racing and thought maybe i could give it the ol' college try? I am a pretty big guy though so that's why i'm trying to get some insight on all of this and maybe go check out someones stuff and really see what all this is about. i am just trying to dip my toes in it currently and see how much set back is on initial start up like and other hobby or ways of life.

Where are you at in NC. And what track have you been too?

I have been going to the Millbridge Speedway, I live in Mooresville, NC and have yet to make it around to the pits to talk to anyone. i have just been enjoying the racing and thought maybe i could give it the ol' college try? I am a pretty big guy though so that's why i'm trying to get some insight on all of this and maybe go check out someones stuff and really see what all this is about. i am just trying to dip my toes in it currently and see how much set back is on initial start up like and other hobby or ways of life.

Back