New to the sport

eric8839

Hello I am new to the sport of karting,I live in upstate NY and the track that my son and is intrested in racing at is 1/8 dirt/clay oval,I have aquired two coyote roller frames,one is a coyote rocket FT2 and the other one is a coyote widetrack LE.My qusetion is which frame will serve my purpose better,I can not afford to spend extensive amounts of money to my sons car due too his 3 other siblings are in college.I have tried to contact coyote several times with no avail,any help would be greatly appreciated.The track that we wnt to race is called Lime Rock speedway
Thank you

I believe both are sprint karts (road racing, left and right turns) neither would be a great choice for ovals. Since you have plenty of time before you will be racing in NY why not try to sell them and pick up a LTO (left turn only) kart.

Chip is correct, you probably got the karts from someone racing at the sprint track at Avon. Those are asphalt sprint karts. Like he said try to sell them. Also Limerock doesn't run karts on the 1/8th, they run them on the little track in the center. Unfortunately for you it's the worst kart track in the WNY area.

They stopped racing on the big track last year due to the fact that the Micros tear up the track and make it bumpy as a plowed field. They may of went back to it a few times this year, but I don't pay attention as they get no karts as it's poorly run and the track is horrible, all stones.

Back