New to unlimited class

Blakec9

Hello, I am brand new to the unlimited class and will be running a new Phantom Deuce with a 450R engine. I have a lot of back round in racing but have been out of karts for 20 years. I'm located in Ohio and want to run with some decent competition within a couple hours from home. I'm a bit north of Dayton Ohio. I am wanting to know where is the best placed to find racing schedule information for the unlimited series. I am trying to avoid showing up to a track that only has a couple karts in this class to race. Any and all information and input is greatly appreciated. I have never run the unlimited setup before so this will all be new to me. Thanks

Unlimited All Stars, look them up, plenty of series races around your area, might have to travel some but the level of compeition and quality of racers makes it well worth while...

Thanks guys, I will check that out. Does anyone run Criderville raceway? Thats only 1 hour from home and thought it would be a good place to shake it down and get comfortable again.

Best series for your state is the unlimited all stars. Ohio actually has 3 regions, northwest Ohio UAS, Ohio valley UAS and southeast Ohio UAS. Each region has 3-4 races (10-12 total between the regions) and almost all of them show up to all the races. All 3 of those regions have their own Facebook pages and you also have the national series fb page, which is American muscle kart. The regional UAS races are points races for the national series which meets up at the end of the year from all 4 corners for one race to determine the champion.

Not only that but the OCKS (mostly clone and other controlled class series for Ohio) has opens so you could tag into their shows OR you could run the north vs south run what you brung series which usually has a couple Ohio races. You’re in the best place for open racing. If you have more questions you can PM me, I know many guys up there and the ins and outs of those series.

Any track that posts RWYB or Open karts are referring to the Unlimited karts per say . You have Cridersville . Waynesfield , Stateline , Martinsville , Little Muskie (Zanesville) , Fremont (Ohio) and my track 2 Brothers Raceway just east of Chillicothe to choose from for weekly shows , not to mention heading over into Indiana and hitting up some of the tracks over there . Unless someone opens up Ceasars Creek again , we lost that track , as well as from what I hear 70/77 will also be closed in 2021 . You are in a good area . Wheelersburg holds a lot of the big races , and hopefully Little E will get back to running in 2021 . OCKS will be having 4 to 6 races again this year according to Bear .

I forgot to mention that there is going to be a new series this year as well , Ohio Outlaw Series . I don't have all of the info yet for them .

Thanks for all the information. This really gives me hope of finding good clean competition in my area. I look forward to checking out your track as well GClary.

Back