New track thoughts?

fcs14

If someone was going to build a new track set up for large events what would be perfect track? Our thoughts 1/6 mile high bank corners and straight ways! A fast bowl. Thoughts please.

That would make for sweet deal, However unless you've been playing in dirt a long time and are a good equipment operator and have all the needed equipment, a banked track is A LOT tougher to maintain and keep smooth, plus tougher to keep consistent the bottom is always wetter.
1/6th would be good size but I recommend only slight banking.

This year we have been traveling a little checking out different tracks. Our usual track is 1/8 mile decent bank and big enough to run 4 wide. Easily 3 wide through the corners. The nice thing about that track is you can get some decent speed and it is wide enough to pass easily. Another track we run at is a lot shorter, still high bank but narrow. Without decent room to pass you finish how you start. If you do pass a slower kart your banging and pushing to get around. The third we travel to is a short track, I think 1/5 mile very low bank, almost flat. It is a fun track and really brings the skill out, but the speed is a lot slower. It too is narrow and hard to pass, but the bottom is decent so it is possible to pass without breaking stuff. So it all depends on what your racers want. A few weeks ago we went to a local one night race at a very small high banked track. It looked like a cereal bowl. It was fun but a lot if stuff got tore up. If you drew a bad start you had almost no hope of getting to the front.
so, make the track the size everyone is used to. Tight turns make it a drivers track and take out the high dollar engine factor. High banks hold speed through the corners but are harder to maintain, and again gives an advantage to the faster engines. The small tracks give the box stock guys a shot because it makes it a skill track not a power track. The thing that annoys me most is the tracks that are one line and narrow. make it big enough that there is room to pass.

Back