New vega tires!

racerx59m

I have a brand new set of yellow vega thicks and I have lightly sanded them to knock the glaze off!I have put 3 coats of btgp red to drop the duro from 55 down to 46 to 48ish but its kinda not to warm in the garage!I set them in the sun for a bit to warm them up and the duro shows 46ish on rights and 54 on lefts I don't want to take them down to far!I already have another softer set that duro 33 rights and 40 lefts so any advice is welcomed!

Advise on what ? How long have they been sitting prepped ? How long did you wait between coats ?

Checking duro at 40* is not going to equate to duro at 65* .
How many coats on the 33/40 set and was it the same prep ?
Number of coats is a key if same prep , if different the the game changed .

I used this green stuff on the 33 40 set!To bring them down!Kinda didn't need them that soft so on this set I'm being careful

I did a little research and it said that btgp was well suited to drop duro on yellow vegas!But just wanted to find some tips on applying how many coats to achieve the duro that I want.

I think the BTGP is more suited for warmer weather. When it starts to cool they go to the SAA grape. The reason they pointed out the temp is because the duro changes with temp. Majority of guys are trying to keep the temp around 70 when checking the duro

SAA GRAPE will drop em down and works well in the colder weather. I also use 2oz of Grape internally as well in my Vegas on our purple plate kart.

Be sure to always check your duro at the same temps to keep things relative.
If you're using the green that I think you're talking about -- it is VERY aggressive.
I would not use it during the week to knock duro down. I prefer something like our Monster Bite (or something internal in addition.)
Then, if you want to use your green as a PRW, you can.
Also, with thin rubber (certain vegas, Maxxis, etc,) be certain that you are not hitting the webbing (chords) in the tire with the tip of the needle on your durometer, as the rubber is so thin to begin with. This can easily give you a false reading. Check out closer to the shoulder where there's slightly more meat to work with.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
31 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Be sure to always check your duro at the same temps to keep things relative.
If you're using the green that I think you're talking about -- it is VERY aggressive.
I would not use it during the week to knock duro down. I prefer something like our Monster Bite (or something internal in addition.)
Then, if you want to use your green as a PRW, you can.
Also, with thin rubber (certain vegas, Maxxis, etc,) be certain that you are not hitting the webbing (chords) in the tire with the tip of the needle on your durometer, as the rubber is so thin to begin with. This can easily give you a false reading. Check out closer to the shoulder where there's slightly more meat to work with.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
31 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com
Good stuff to know!Thanks brian!