New vs old tires for stock predator class

Kartracer29

New into racing, I’ve had a lot of different input from guys about tires. One says new, one will say used, and the other will say it all depends on track. Normal track condition is dry slick from what I’ve been told.

Any input?

I would say your on the right brand tire an If I had to show up with 1 set with no proven info from someone, for hard dry slick track, it would be last year's take offs raced 4 times or so 60 cc to 80 cc internal originally, never wiped with aggressive prep, that I would reroll a few weeks out, and wipe with a hard track prep, predator in general will be a harder tire and usually cured Vs fresh, especially on hard dry slick, you'll run more air than Sr Clone as well if there 6 lb range you'll be 9 lb range or more, but it wouldn't surprise me if it ended up new 75 cc internal either.

I would say your on the right brand tire an If I had to show up with 1 set with no proven info from someone, for hard dry slick track, it would be last year's take offs raced 4 times or so 60 cc to 80 cc internal originally, never wiped with aggressive prep, that I would reroll a few weeks out, and wipe with a hard track prep, predator in general will be a harder tire and usually cured Vs fresh, especially on hard dry slick, you'll run more air than Sr Clone as well if there 6 lb range you'll be 9 lb range or more, but it wouldn't surprise me if it ended up new 75 cc internal either.
It's important the used tires were flipped on the wheels once, and you flip them after 2 races.

Depending on which weight class will determine how much internal there. You may need fresh rolled tires, to month old tires, depending on amount of bite in track that particular race day.

I thought maxxis were done once the shoulders were gone? They are so thin I cant imagine much of a shoulder being left if they've been raced twice flipped and raced twice more.

I thought maxxis were done once the shoulders were gone? They are so thin I cant imagine much of a shoulder being left if they've been raced twice flipped and raced twice more.
They fall off after that for a track and class that always requires fresh rubber, a lot of junior classes use Sr Class take offs re-rolled as well, No difference here, in general predator Is usually a harder thinner tire if that works out to be true for him they'll be OK, however if it ends up fresh rubber he'll want new VS take offs to make maximum speed because of what you mention. Plus that would be take offs raced in only 1 class per race.

This all depends on the track, if you put any racing tire on a hard abrasive track they will only last for a short period, that includes Vega, Burris, Cobra, etc.
People get this sense from all the day racing on these hard dirtphalt tracks, which yes will chew up a tire.
Softer tracks local night racing people are getting 10 races with no problem.

Back