New web page...What do you think?

nogoats

While updating my old web page, my fat fingers (or maybe it was when I sat on my computer) something changed that wouldn't let me change it back. So I started all over. Let me know what you honestly think and where I could make improvements. I still need to add a "contact me" page. I haven't figured how to do that yet.
http://nogoats.net/

I like it. Wordpress right? Only thing I would say is see if you can get rid of that white space caused by the logo in the top left so that you can bring your carousel up towards the top.

Thanks for the manual. I still have mine in my binder and look at it time from time at the track. Think its been in there from day 1, 4-3 years now.

Thanks for the advice. I fixed it!

NP. I'm no web expert but I've dabbled a bit.
How about consolidating your menu items a little....
Maybe put all the yearly results under one menu for results, put resume under "about".

I like the site though, it's fun!

NP. I'm no web expert but I've dabbled a bit.
How about consolidating your menu items a little....
Maybe put all the yearly results under one menu for results, put resume under "about".

I like the site though, it's fun!
There is an option for a sub-menu. I'll try it.

I printed out your original setup info and have it in my trailer with copies so that I can share it with folks that need it and are humble enough to know that and are willing to read it and replace it with a fresh copy.Thank You Greg Paul

Looks good. Great logo. I personally would make that logo in the upper left 99x100 to reduce the white space between the navigation menu and the carousel image slider. I think I would also make the images smaller to bring more of the content up above the fold. I know the images are an important part of the initial first impression, but to me they seems a little distracting, like they split the page in half. That seems to be controlled by the fancy box javascript, but it is late here and I really don't have time to examine it further.

Another thought is to have a separate home page with the images and little content, like a welcome page, and put the about page elsewhere without the images. Just a few thoughts. Overall it looks great.

We can only hope that, not only the newbee’s, but the more experienced, will appreciate your setup sheets. Good job, well written, very understandable. It looks like you have a very good understanding of what does what.

Looks good. Great logo. I personally would make that logo in the upper left 99x100 to reduce the white space between the navigation menu and the carousel image slider. I think I would also make the images smaller to bring more of the content up above the fold. I know the images are an important part of the initial first impression, but to me they seems a little distracting, like they split the page in half. That seems to be controlled by the fancy box javascript, but it is late here and I really don't have time to examine it further.

Another thought is to have a separate home page with the images and little content, like a welcome page, and put the about page elsewhere without the images. Just a few thoughts. Overall it looks great.
Thanks for your suggestions. I'll work on it a little more.

Back