Newbie and set up

Backyardkarter

Hello.

Im a new karter with a year under my belt. We just run back yard tracks. We have 2- 1/8 mile tracks. One that tends to be hard pack with moderate grip. And one thats tacky lots of bite. Oregon weather temps from 80 to 100 dag.

Current chassis is Jackyl, far as I can tell its an older prc clone cant find any info. Used set up chart from older nemesis.
Camber LF -.25 RF +2.60.
Caster. LF 5 RF 8.
Running burris ss-11 LS 11x6x6 and burris ss-22 RS 11x8.10x6. Have a set of Maxxis pinks 11x6 and 12x9 that I havent ran yet. My right side inner rims are matched , left side outers matched and set 1/2 from frame. Running from 6 to 8psi on right and 4 to 7psi on left.

I currently dont have a way to scale it.
Entering in a corner has a slight push then grips but, lose a ton of speed or have to brake check,to set the kart. Can't find any info on where to reset my washers for my spindle heights,which look like PRC type spindles.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Hopefully there is enough info here.

You really need to scale it . Does the front have washers on each side ? If so , how many washers are on the top and bottom of each side ? You will be able to correct your issue's by raising the right and lowering the left . But I would say the tires are wrong for your track . What are the tire rules ? If it is open tire , I would find a set of Vega yellows . Where are all of your other settings , which is key to getting more info to help you out .

Rims are not supposed to line up.
Rr ⅛ off frame rail
Lr ¾ off frame rail
Lf/Rf in as far as possible
Cambers are backwards?
Caster should be closer to 8 left 10 right.
Left front tire is a 5 in wide tire on a 6.5 wheel.
Equal washers on both sides top and bottom you should be close to 60%

Here is what i got on the scale. With a L 8 and R 10 caster.

Attachments

• 0715211852.jpg
    0715211852.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
We are backyard karting there are no rules except beat your buddy. I have the spindles centered with equal washers on both sides. Also the tracks 3% of bank

Last edited:
Dropped the spindle 1 washer and came up with this. 64% cross. 8 psi in RF 9psi RR and 6 psi LF
LR

Attachments

• 0715212026.jpg
    0715212026.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 15
Dropped the spindle 1 washer and came up with this. 64% cross. 8 psi in RF 9psi RR and 6 psi LF
LR
You don't scale with funky air pressure splits, you scale with a 1 lb split then if you have a handling issue that you can tweak with air to correct is when you change air pressure, BUT because you need to do that says the set up is off, so back on the scales and tweak set up based on the funky air pressure you had to run.

Okay so all tires at 10psi. These are the numbers.

LF65. RF 76. LR 125 RR 68. Total 333.

Ran fast on the track slight push entering corner but was loose in the rear on exit.

Okay so all tires at 10psi. These are the numbers.

LF65. RF 76. LR 125 RR 68. Total 333.

Ran fast on the track slight push entering corner but was loose in the rear on exit.
Fix the push on entry the exit should take care of itself, probably to high on air ,
What are your camber settings ?

Not respoible for mathmatical errors .
That looks like 56.8 left 42.22 frt and 60.18 cross .
10lbs is a lot of Air .

Back