newbie class question

Walker89

Havent been to track yet.Confused on class and weight.Old fart 46 clone box stock.What class would I expect to be put in and weight.Will be running in Ohio.Cridersville, Ceaserscreek, little e.

Last edited:
Most tracks now have a clone class but check there rules some are BSP rule small pipe, some are Pro clone rule big pipe, as far as weight depends on what you weigh figure your kart at close 165lb then your weight, most tracks offer at least 2 different weight's some 340lb & 380lb, some 350lb & 375lb and maybe X-heavy class at 400lb.
Check all there web sites Rules and classes will be listed.

Good Luck !!

Your kart, race ready, will weigh in the neighborhood of 160# give or take---add you weight to that and you will get total weight which will get you in the general area of class weight. you may need to add lead to make a specific class. Good luck and have fun. John

What I am seeing is seniors 15 and up.Surely they would stick me in with 15 year olds that will surely spank me.Do most tracks have a masters class? May seem silly but dont want to embarrass myself before even get on the track! I do plan on going to the track before I race but this has been the confusing part.

What I am seeing is seniors 15 and up.Surely they would stick me in with 15 year olds that will surely spank me.Do most tracks have a masters class? May seem silly but dont want to embarrass myself before even get on the track! I do plan on going to the track before I race but this has been the confusing part.

Most tracks have a seniors class but they are probably age 35 and up. I wouldn't want to be called a senior 15 years ago when I was 35. But now that Im 50 I wonder if 35 years olds are better than me. None the less, I usually race against the 15 and ups because there are more karts.

The good thing about the seniors class is that most of those folks have to be at work Monday morning and are a bit more sensible than some of the 15 year olds---that being said, I have also seen some brain dead older drivers , and some 15 year olds that are mature beyond their years. but , yes most adult classes start at 15 so that is most likely where you will be. Take your kart to the track, start in back for a week or so, ask questions of someone who looks like they know what they are doing, and stay around after the races and get some more seat time.

Back