Newbie introduction

Status
Not open for further replies.

old-timer

Hello everyone my name is Vic and I have visited here many times and found great info as well as great people here. Finally decided to join up and become an official member today. I raced karts in the 90s but age and health issues have taken a toll on me. I still have a huge passion for karting, but lots has changed over the years.

My hobby now has become mini bikes. Vintage, newer, whatever. I just enjoy wrenching on them and this is something as close to karting as I can get lol. Really into the Briggs flat heads, as these are what I ran and built when racing. I've been a member of OMB for some time now, and was told by members there that I should also join up over here.

I look forward to getting to know you all, and making some good friendships here.
Thanks for having me.

Vic

welcome to B4C......=Bobs4Cycle as you may have been reading up on Bobs is a bit messed up wright now and he is working on getting it back to normal . be patient and understanding as it is a little up-side down at this time . and should return to its former glory soon :)

welcome to B4C......=Bobs4Cycle as you may have been reading up on Bobs is a bit messed up wright now and he is working on getting it back to normal . be patient and understanding as it is a little up-side down at this time . and should return to its former glory soon :)

Thank you, and yes I am aware of the issues but Bob seems to be doing a good job getting the site back on it's feet.
I look forward to spending a lot of time here !!

Vic

A little about me.I was involved in kart racing back in the 90s and ran a off set flat kart running Briggs Raptor motors. My son was involved in a car accident and was left a total quad. Wife divorced him after 12ys of marriage before he even got out of the hospital.My wife and I decided to bring him home and care for him full time here. Over the years we became extremely close and had a bond that most only dream about. Sadly he passed away unexpectedly last Oct here at home. 2 days later my wife went into full cardiac arrest on the kitchen floor while planing our sons funeral. The EMTs were able to restart her heart after repeated attempts. She had also suffered a stroke, as we later found out. After 6 weeks in the hospital she had to have part of her rt foot amputated due to lack of blood flow when her heart stopped. She is now home and I am caring for her myself.
After many years away, I want to get back into karts even if it's just here and there. I need something to focus on and really miss the companionship and friends I had made. Life can sometimes take us in a unexpected direction, but I wouldn't change a thing !! Hoping to find a good deal on a used Champ Kart, as I now live on a very small fixed income. I just want to get back to karting. Never cared about winning or where I placed, just enjoyed being out there with my friends.

So that's the condensed version of my story and who I am.
I'm so glad to have this forum and looking forward to getting to know you all.

Vic

A little about me.I was involved in kart racing back in the 90s and ran a off set flat kart running Briggs Raptor motors. My son was involved in a car accident and was left a total quad. Wife divorced him after 12ys of marriage before he even got out of the hospital.My wife and I decided to bring him home and care for him full time here. Over the years we became extremely close and had a bond that most only dream about. Sadly he passed away unexpectedly last Oct here at home. 2 days later my wife went into full cardiac arrest on the kitchen floor while planing our sons funeral. The EMTs were able to restart her heart after repeated attempts. She had also suffered a stroke, as we later found out. After 6 weeks in the hospital she had to have part of her rt foot amputated due to lack of blood flow when her heart stopped. She is now home and I am caring for her myself.
After many years away, I want to get back into karts even if it's just here and there. I need something to focus on and really miss the companionship and friends I had made. Life can sometimes take us in a unexpected direction, but I wouldn't change a thing !! Hoping to find a good deal on a used Champ Kart, as I now live on a very small fixed income. I just want to get back to karting. Never cared about winning or where I placed, just enjoyed being out there with my friends.

Vic

Being on a "very small fixed income", you cannot afford to race karts.

What kind of transportation do you now own to get to the track with a kart with the necessary kart equipment?

Vic

http://slotblog.net/topic/38690-vic-poulin-prayers-needed-again/page-2

http://www.tdpri.com/forum/welcome-wagon/324253-greetings-newbe-up-nh.html

http://www.slotcarillustrated.com/portal/forums/showthread.php?t=21059

http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/o...-will-selling-most-everything.html#post752057

Going to take it one step at a time and try to keep it as low budget as possible. Hoping to get my grandson involved, as he's at the right age .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back