Newbie needs advice

Rockin' John

I'm setting up a Margay Kart for track days at GoPro Motorplex with a GoPowerSports stage 1/2 Briggs Predator 212. I need a recommendation for a clutch/rear gear combo to get me in the ballpark. The track is an 11 turn .7 mile road course. I'm 165 lbs adult. Thanks. John PS: recommendation on clutch brand and model, number of teeth, chain size and rear gear number of teeth would be greatly appreciated. I can not race this kart at GoPro with a 212 but want to have a suitably fast kart for that track.

Next question: Is anyone running a 17 tooth clutch on a Stage 2 Predator 212 set up for longer road tracks? What clutch is it? Is it #35 chain? Would running a 16 tooth clutch and 56 or 57 tooth rear gear be the same as a 17T clutch/70Tgear? Which Harbor Freight 212. . . hemi or standard? I'm told that they get both in and that I need to check the box or part number/serial number when I buy it.

I'm setting up a Margay Kart for track days at GoPro Motorplex with a GoPowerSports stage 1/2 Briggs Predator 212. I need a recommendation for a clutch/rear gear combo to get me in the ballpark. The track is an 11 turn .7 mile road course. I'm 165 lbs adult. Thanks. John PS: recommendation on clutch brand and model, number of teeth, chain size and rear gear number of teeth would be greatly appreciated. I can not race this kart at GoPro with a 212 but want to have a suitably fast kart for that track.
You kinda threw me with the "1/2 Briggs Predator 212" o_O - but I think you are wanting to purchase an engine from HF along with a mild hop-up kit, so that tells me Predator.

You'll likely want a 16 or 17T driver for GoPro, depending on the rpm you're wanting to turn your Predator.
We stock Hilliard clutches with the Bully conversion (you can easily change drivers with other Bully drivers.) It'll be set up for your engine and track.
Give us a call if we can help you directly.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
33 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Back