Newbie- no fuel to carb

gimmea250swb

I inherited a sodikart with GX200. It’s not starting. The fuel tank is between the legs, carb is rebuilt. I’ve got spark. It has a fuel pump (assume vacuum) I disconnected the fuel line to the carb and when I pull the cord I get no flow (is this how to check it). There was no fuel in the bowl when I cleaned it.

Recommdations appreciated!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 10
Make sure you have no leaks in your fuel line between the fuel pump and the tank. Best way to check that is hold your hand over the fuel tank cap and blow into the line that connects to the fuel pump. Next take a line and put it on the fuel pump which is the pulse line from the valve cover. Use your mouse to blow in and out or in this case suck in and out and that will pulse the pump and should put fuel coming out the pump to the carburetor. If you can’t get the pump to pulse fuel out the tube to the carburetor your fuel pump is bad. If you do get fuel to pump to the carburetor now you have a carburetor delivery problem.

Hi all, I got it running. I ended up replacing all the fuel lines and rebuilding (cleaning) the carb. You should see the smiles on my kids' faces.

Back