newbie question

lk05077

my daughter has been running a clone dad decided his turn to race put in a bigger seat and went at it. question with my bigger size am an an xxl seat the back of my shoulder must hitting the pipe because boy did i melt a new suit a bit lol no big deal but what can i do to make it safer? want to stop burning suit and not burn into me. i see some people with wrapped pipes is that what the rap is for also if so what is the wrap. Also learned one thing never get mad at a kids driving untill you get in the seat lesson learned.

You most definitely want the pipe wrapped. That is a must. Also, it's a good idea to have something on your arm. This certainly isn't the cheapest but probably is the best available are protector. It's made from aluminized blended Kevlar. They are sold in pairs. I've been wearing the same one for going on 10 years. I sold the other to a friend. They work great and hold up equally well. Find a buddy who needs one and split the cost.
http://www1.mscdirect.com/CGI/NNSRIT?PMPXNO=2016474&PMT4NO=51057649

You can also go to a welding supply store or your local welding shop and buy a welding sleeve, thats what my son did and it works great !

When you wrap the header with wrap you can use some type of thin wire to keep it on, usally just at the end of the wrap.... hope this helps.

lk05077;29 Also learned one thing never get mad at a kids driving untill you get in the seat lesson learned.[/QUOTE said:
Big 10-4 on that one,
Even then its easy to forget if you don't get to drive at least once a year.

Back