NKA and the new Tillotson block

I have been told that it is legal by their rules but the race tracks are not allowing it. May want to check with the track you wish to run

How does that work Don? If they run their class under a certain rule set and organization then I feel the rules set forth by that organization they chose to run under should be the bottom line. End of story. The tracks shouldn’t be able to make addendums to it. Am I right? You guys do a ton of hard work and research only to have a track cherry pick certain rules from your book. That ain’t right. And don’t take this as an argument I feel you guys should have the last say. That’s why you do this.

Its been this way for years . Local option .
Really ; what are they going to do , tracks use wka rules all the time with local tweeks .

How does that work Don? If they run their class under a certain rule set and organization then I feel the rules set forth by that organization they chose to run under should be the bottom line. End of story. The tracks shouldn’t be able to make addendums to it. Am I right? You guys do a ton of hard work and research only to have a track cherry pick certain rules from your book. That ain’t right. And don’t take this as an argument I feel you guys should have the last say. That’s why you do this.
Couldn't agree more!! This is what is killing kart count and ruining the sport. You can't cherry pick rules and claim you are an AKRA/NKA track! Total BS!! I just found out that some/many of the tracks near me here in central Florida all state "AKRA" but don't allow any porting! So now we have to have a motor with and without a ported head just to run at other tracks? Oh lets not forget the tracks picking their own MIN weights too.... go one place and you're 20lbs heavy, go to another and your 20lbs light!!

AMEN

When a track applies for insurance, they are ask what rule set they are going to operate under. Insurance companies do not insure tracks without a rules set. Deveation from that rule set without written request and permission of the insurance company is a big risk by the track.

Tracks do not have to use a certain rules package to be covered, the last few years I ran the track I used NKA insurance but not there rule, a track can use one rule set for motors and another for general, and then the insurance co still acknowledges local option.

Back