NKA Valve Bowl Height Gauge

271mac

Beating a dead bush here, but where are the dimensions for checking the (Valve bowl height gauge)? Anyone thrown out for this check should protest until they verify the tools dimensions or at least a reference dimension between the two points of interest: bowl and valve cover face. I can not find anything in the rules or updates linking the two. There is a dimension from valve cover face to combustion chamber(2.64) and a dimension from valve seat face to bowl. These two references do not have any reference between one another. I should be able to check this without using the Valve bowl height gauge.

Stout racing07 - Thanks for messaging me i will contact you sometime today about the bowl check tool you will be offering.

The dims are on the nka website look for the 2017 nka rules and also make sure you look in the 2017 updates. I would not go by a depth gauge type caliper... I would only use the gauge that was made for it from Larry Jones or approved equals. FYI Larry worked with Randall on the original gauges.

Skhmototsports71, I see some dimensions but they do not have any reference between one another. (2.64") is for (valve cover face to combustion chamber) unless I'm misreading this and the (.880 and .83 are referencing to (valve seat face to bowl). These to rules have no common connection to one another. If I missing something please point it out. My valve seats are not flush with the combustion chamber.

Back