No Goats “loose leaving corner” RF

Is this correct? Loose leaving the corner add more positive camber? I thought that would make it worse.

Attachments

• 165B488D-A964-48C1-A4B1-09B07EFFEAC3.jpeg
    165B488D-A964-48C1-A4B1-09B07EFFEAC3.jpeg
    90.9 KB · Views: 112
865DB3B0-2B6C-42BC-A3DE-7E1C6F97AC9F.jpeg
Yes…. The issue is too much front end bite…more positive camber would result in less front end bite

But b4 I’d make that adjustment, I’d try to make one or a couple of these. Adjusting stagger, and moving LR are my go to adjustments at the track.

Depends on other things too. I had a night like this and a guy suggested I was grinding tires with too coarse of a wheel thus leaving larger pores in the tires which would pack with fine dust and I should have used a much finer disc when grinding. This was a sandy brown dirt track. I of course ignored him since I tthought I new everything. Went the next week to a similarly like the first track, same results. Went to a very similar track the next week with similar results, Switched to a much finer sanding disc and was much faster.

If your having that issue and the rear of your seat is still at 8.75 " raise it to 9.5 " first.
I have a totally different seat than before. This seat is much taller in the back. It’s not apples to apples any more. I hadn’t been having this issue anymore but, this past weekend it seems to have re-appeared.

Back then I was told to give it more negative camber which is the opposite of what this No Goats page is saying. Which is why I asked. I thought more negative camber would take grip away from the RF.

We’ve already talked about this issue once before. The consensus was change RF camber from -2.5° to -2.75°. I did it and basically fixed the issue I thought.

2:37 mark (1 lap in heat race)

6:14 mark (several laps in feature)

Looking at all the video I have from that night. The stepping out is only in clone medium. Jr3 the kart is locked. 40 pounds different. Nose% and Left% are identical. However, Jr3 we’re at 66% cross while medium is 64%. I’m going to need to correct this with tire stagger.

He did better when he didnt put 2 wheels on the berm on corner entry. Did you notice?
Yes I also saw that. This was 340. He also didn’t do it in Jr3. The setup is basically the exact same. 40 pounds lighter. Nose and Left % are the same but he’s just over 2% less cross with 340

With time he will learn to adjust his line to make the kart turn better. It may not be just a mechanical issue. Explain to him a tight radius encourages stuff like this.

Is this correct? Loose leaving the corner add more positive camber? I thought that would make it worse.
If your loose on exit could mean a lot of different things you could have too little rear weight percentages, you could have too little bite, your foward bite could be not enough and you need to prep your tires with tire prep and grind them and wash them, for more grip i wash in dawn dish soap and water in a big bucket, then i dry them in the hof sun, then i spray them twice then wipe them spray it twice abd wipe them and then i wrap them, that will make them really sticky, also the foward bite in the dry slick is terrible so tire prep will help, remember camber is for cornering ability, too much camber can cause excessive wear and heat on the tires, and not enough camber results in too much wear and bad cornering ability, plus you should only use enough camber based on the banking, i race a medium to high banked dirt oval track and i use -2.0 on the RF and -0.75 on the left front, i have CKI LASER from the early 2000s with phantom nemesis parts and its a CKI frame though and my own setup, i won my first feature with that setup

Last edited:
If your loose on exit could mean a lot of different things you could have too little rear weight percentages, you could have too little bite, your foward bite could be not enough and you need to prep your tires with tire prep and grind them and wash them, for more grip i wash in dawn dish soap and water in a big bucket, then i dry them in the hof sun, then i spray them twice then wipe them spray it twice abd wipe them and then i wrap them, that will make them really sticky, also the foward bite in the dry slick is terrible so tire prep will help, remember camber is for cornering ability, too much camber can cause excessive wear and heat on the tires, and not enough camber results in too much wear and bad cornering ability, plus you should only use enough camber based on the banking, i race a medium to high banked dirt oval track and i use -2.0 on the RF and -0.75 on the left front, i have a phantom racing chassis Nemesis I use a combo of the nemesis baseline and my own setup, i won my first feature with that setup
Lol you don't have a nemesis, this was discussed heavily but you won't accept it, if someone told you it was a nemesis they flat lied or clueless.
I won't even go into the rest of your post, and if you won, I have to question the competition

Lol you don't have a nemesis, this was discussed heavily but you won't accept it, if someone told you it was a nemesis they flat lied or clueless.
I won't even go into the rest of your post, and if you won, I have to question the competition
Its basically all Nemesis and cki laser parts

Not sure if you're the driver in the yellow kart (with helmet cam) or not but if I was the leader in that race I'd be really questioning your driving ability! You beat on his bumper even after yellow comes out, not to mention you turned the second place kart right at the start causing the first caution and got to keep your spot? :unsure:

Not sure if you're the driver in the yellow kart (with helmet cam) or not but if I was the leader in that race I'd be really questioning your driving ability! You beat on his bumper even after yellow comes out, not to mention you turned the second place kart right at the start causing the first caution and got to keep your spot? :unsure:
They are not the driver in the yellow kart. They are in the white kart getting beat to crap.

Back