No Goats “loose leaving corner” RF

She's definitely loose center off, I'd go down just a little on your RR air, possibly down a bit on the LR. I wouldn't touch camber for this.

To tighten up the kart, You need more cross.

Reduce rear stagger
or
Move LR in, toward the frame, 1/4-1/2”
or
Move a couple washers, from bottom to top on RF, or top to bottom on LF

Not sure if you're the driver in the yellow kart (with helmet cam) or not but if I was the leader in that race I'd be really questioning your driving ability! You beat on his bumper even after yellow comes out, not to mention you turned the second place kart right at the start causing the first caution and got to keep your spot? :unsure:
Are you replying to me,
I race dirt oval karts in the upper midwest not the southeast, I won my race in Michigan

The yellow kart driver has been racing for a good while. I have watched him on YouTube for a while and he has always been a very aggressive driver. He does pretty good but if you go back and watch some of his older videos he isn’t that aggressive to most people. I think he is that aggressive because the guy in the white kart is like 15 or 16 and whoops his butt so he gets mad.

To tighten up the kart, You need more cross.

Reduce rear stagger
or
Move LR in, toward the frame, 1/4-1/2”
or
Move a couple washers, from bottom to top on RF, or top to bottom on LF
I can’t move washers or wheel hubs. This kart is running two classes. The details are above.

I’m going to have to do it with stagger and shifting of the extra weights that we remove for Jr3.

But, I will get it done and it will be correct fir both classes.

The yellow kart driver has been racing for a good while. I have watched him on YouTube for a while and he has always been a very aggressive driver. He does pretty good but if you go back and watch some of his older videos he isn’t that aggressive to most people. I think he is that aggressive because the guy in the white kart is like 15 or 16 and whoops his butt so he gets mad.
He’s 14 and been racing exactly 1 year. But we get to use his videos to get better.

I can’t move washers or wheel hubs. This kart is running two classes. The details are above.

I’m going to have to do it with stagger and shifting of the extra weights that we remove for Jr3.

Have you tried racing with the added weight instead of removing it ?

Moving washers is easy for each class , a lot easier than having another set of tires to keep up with.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you tried racing with the added weight instead of removing it ?
No haven’t. I really don’t want to. There are some kids in that class that are weighing in at 360#. If we can remove it we just have a big advantage.

We could do it. But this is most likely our last two weekends running Jr3. So next year it probably won’t be any issue next year.

Moving washers will change my nose and left though. All I’m doing now is add or removing weights. I have to take the tires off anyway to move the washers. This would be another step.
You can glue 2 or 3 washers together, makes moving them quicker.
You have to take tires off anyway, changing stagger does the same thing as moving washers

Moving washers will change my nose and left though. All I’m doing now is add or removing weights. I have to take the tires off anyway to move the washers. This would be another step.

Moving washers has the same affect as decreasing stagger… It increases your cross

Any change in nose weight and left side weight is superficial to the goal of trying to increase cross and tighten up the go cart

moving washers should not change the nose or left. You have to move the pieces of lead around to change that. Washers are just cross.

moving washers should not change the nose or left. You have to move the pieces of lead around to change that. Washers are just cross.
I respectfully disagree with this.

It is physically impossible to change cross ONLY. Cross is a combination of horizontal (Right & Left) and vertical (nose & rear). If you change cross you are also changing the others.

If I add weight to my RF it add to my nose and RS. Likewise other wheels.

Moving one washer on one wheel will change percentage distribution in every location.

Back