No need for animal.

wow, $300 for a short block lawn mower engine and you can sleep at night

I'm about to buy a self propelled lawn vacuum shredder for right around $600

$300 for short block lawn mower engines has got to be the sellers sale of the century.

Sure knowledge, time and experience to put the add ons to it is what the racers market will bear
but common now $300 for a lawn mower short block even with a wizz bang fly wheel, give me and racers a break

yeah, i'm proly not understanding the whole game correctly and only keying in on
$300 FOR A LAWN MOWER SHORT BLOCK !

Shouldn't be more then $75 tops and that's still probably $50+ markup for the supplier

If Harbor Freight can sell a whole engine for $99, Brigs a big buyer should be able to buy short blocks for $10 at most in quantity.

Paul
I don't want to be mean of try to cut you down but comparing the Briggs 206 to a lawn mower engine is like comparing a modern kart racing chassis to a home made yard kart made out of angle iron from your bed frame and welded together by a 10 year old kid with a stick welder and no welding helmet.

Features of the 206 engine
  • Reinforced, Cast Iron Sleeved, Dual Ball Bearing RACING cylinder
  • Single cast, custom aluminum alloy cylinder head with high-flow intake port, custom seat/guide material
  • Squeeze cast, T-7 heat treated aluminum rod with reinforced I-beam
  • Carbon steel crankshaft with Induction hardened micro-polished crankpin reinforced timing gear
  • Cam ground, barrel faced, eutectic alloy piston with 3 piece ring set with chrome faced top ring
  • .255 max. lift ground cam with nitrited lobes and built in mechanical compression release
  • Straight cut cam and crank gears for better efficiency.

• Automotive style valve retainers and locks
  • Nitrded exhaust valve
  • Walbro Now Briggs variable venturi / slide carburetor
  • PVL ignition system with multiple rev limiting options or no rev limit
  • High quality Aluminum flywheel with a steel center.
  • Heavy duty (thick) blower housing for additional block rigidity and safety.
  • Short blocks and complete engines are assembled by hand in Milwaukee, Wi.
  • All engines and parts are inspected and measured for uniformity before assembly.

• I have had engines with as much as 8-9 years of use that have the original legally sealed block.
  • How many clones can say the same thing?

Back