No oil

Most karting oils are PAG based compressor oils which are hygroscopic (in other words - they draw moisture.) They were intended to be used in a closed environment.
Few oils used in karting are PAO based. PAO based oils will not draw moisture out of the air -- that's why they're used in an open environment, lawn mower, tillers, cars and trucks.
The two base stocks WILL NOT mix and will result in catastrophic damage if not properly flushed out.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com
Listen to Brian. He is dead on. There is no rust in an engine running POA oils.

This is opinion .
The water gets wipped around and mixed with the oil . It would not be benifical .
Once the oil gets too 212 or above the water would boil out . Im not sure kart engine oil gets that hot .
Which leads to the amount of water in the oil .
Another reason to change often .
I also think the water in the oil is what causes the pitting in the block interior storage area or sump .

This is opinion .
The water gets wipped around and mixed with the oil . It would not be benifical .
Once the oil gets too 212 or above the water would boil out . Im not sure kart engine oil gets that hot .
Which leads to the amount of water in the oil .
Another reason to change often .
I also think the water in the oil is what causes the pitting in the block interior storage area or sump .
Even if it gets to BP it has to stay there for a certain amount of time to completely "dry" the oil.

Yes i would agree .
At the point of the water turning to vapour . It's getting beyond my pay grade .
Pure speculation at this point . Is it then atmosphere . Or a high humidity atmoshere . Maybe the surrounding air has as much water in it .
Unless its in a vacum there will always be air in that space .

Just a thought: If you change oil often and drain it at the track as soon as you pull off the track, Roll your engine over to TDC, the inside of the engine is pretty much sealed and so Moisture should not enter the engine. If you are worried about moisture entering through the catch can, seal it also.
If you store your engine for the winter or just a few days or weeks. Just put it in a sealed container or large trash bag and include a Damp rid product in the bag. Will absorb all moisture.

Back