No prep track question

We run a track that doesn’t allow chemical prepping at the track. Essentially you can use anything on the tire you are willing to ingest. We can clean the tires with water between races and we can use anything edible on the tires. With this said, is there something i can find in my kitchen or grocery store that will activate my prep or add bite to the tires?

Syrup and everclear lol?

Thanks

I don’t know where to start but yes I’m interested. How does the citrus stuff work? I was serious about everclear. It seems like it would be a great quick drying agent.

Well if you mix it with alcohol I am fairly certain they won't make you drink it at the track :)
But, similar things are done with other products on the market to help them evaporate quickly.

You can call it "The Mimosa" or "The Screwdriver"

Last edited:
SO you can prep at home during the week just not at the track? A good prep program and tires rolled internally shouldn't need much of anything at the track, simple cleaning with water and some citrus based cleaner would do the trick.

Note. This is pulled from a 2010 Patent on tire preps:
It is also using an ester in the mix.

d-Limonene90.00%
Dibutyl Maleate10.00%

This mixture can be wiped or rolled on the outside of a tire approximately 20 to 30 minutes prior to starting a race. The benefit of this combination is that it allows use of a low toxicity solvent and an oily ester that is rapidly absorbed into the surface of the tread of a tire to give additional short term modification of the dynamic coefficient of friction that allows for the chemical to substitute for the thermal energy obtained from the actual running of the tire.

There are many instances that the exterior treatment may need to be completed 20 minutes in advance up to several weeks in advance.

Note. This is pulled from a 2010 Patent on tire preps:
It is also using an ester in the mix.

d-Limonene90.00%
Dibutyl Maleate10.00%

This mixture can be wiped or rolled on the outside of a tire approximately 20 to 30 minutes prior to starting a race. The benefit of this combination is that it allows use of a low toxicity solvent and an oily ester that is rapidly absorbed into the surface of the tread of a tire to give additional short term modification of the dynamic coefficient of friction that allows for the chemical to substitute for the thermal energy obtained from the actual running of the tire.

There are many instances that the exterior treatment may need to be completed 20 minutes in advance up to several weeks in advance.
You're quite sharp on this stuff! I have a pretty good idea who's prep this is from ;)

Back