No speed? What am I missing?

+ these motors aren't 99.99 anymore harbor freight is not issuing 20% coupons anymore and I have not seen a $99 coupon that isn't expired these motors are 157.00 and the tracks should up the price accordingly. one track here you don't get to keep the throttle adaptor that's a $185 kit for 130.00

Why do you say that? I used to think that but I dont anymore after getting my predator non hemi.
Many have tried up here in Pa where we have an “out of the box” rule with only the rpm turned up to 5500. They don’t compete. Now, if there are tracks that allow this and that, things will be different if ya have tech that doesn’t know what to look for

Gov is removed , but on stock exhaust and air box , hmmm . What are the rules stating that you can do ? Part of the problem starts with running stock stuff without the gov hooked up . If everything else is stock , and the rules state you can do modifications , there is where your getting beat partly , besides maybe handling from kart setup .

sometimes those motors are just duds. I have three ones average and has won several races one is a beast and one will not rev past 3500 makes less than 5hp. they say it could be bad valve sealing perhaps lap the valves and check the lash. that's the most I can confidently tell you. get it dynoed if you don't everything is speculation
if you get a dud just take it back within 90 days or get the extra year warrantee for a few bucks more empty out all the gas and oil first

Well, we ended up buying a dynoed hemi engine. That is what we were getting beat by so we joined them lol. Have some minor handling issues to work on but we're keeping up now.
I have a very good feeling if you take the carb off and put it on the other motor that one will be close to the same if that motor isnt wore out. Stock carb with a small plate was a mile off on jetting and not surprising that it wouldn't run

Back