Noobie questions...

Good point .
IE : Wolf Plate -- a metal plate to prevent the disc Brake Rotor from penatraing the seat and consequently your lower Back .
Yes it has happened !

I guess I get it... I'll just be riding around. I didn't do terrible for the first time out... remember, unsanctioned private track in the middle of nowhere and they made me feel welcome to race there. I don't care if I win, but I will do the best I can. Thank You Menace61 for pointing me to those you tube vids.

I guess I get it... I'll just be riding around. I didn't do terrible for the first time out... remember, unsanctioned private track in the middle of nowhere and they made me feel welcome to race there. I don't care if I win, but I will do the best I can. Thank You Menace61 for pointing me to those you tube vids.
Yeah, no care for your safety either.
My guess someone gets hurt the land owner will change his attitude

I'd reccomend trying to link up with someone in the area that can assist you with mounting the seat, scaling, etc. It will cost you a few bucks to pay someone for their time, but it will go a long way and getting up to speed quicker.

At 5 10 275 depending on your belt size it sounds like a xxl seat would be pretty close to what you would want. I would suggest a thicker/ stiffer fiberglass seat. And when you have a seat thats not hacked up it will be easier to mount over the left rear

Once you get a good seat properly mounted in place , which I am 5 9 250 , you will be a lot better comfort wise with a good seat . Check your clearance with the engine when mounting your seat , and see if you can shorten up the chain a few links . Make sure your chain guard and clutch doesn't get up against your seat when mounting it , make sure there is plenty of room between them to work . Get the seat mounts from Ultra Max that fit your kart , there should be 2 small square tubes down below the steering tower on the frame for them to slide into , and has 2 set bolts to hold those in place once you get your seat placement where you want it ( Make sure to tighten them ! Trust me , LoL ), then 2 rear seat struts . If there isn't a Wolf Plate on it now , get 1 before you race again , like previously mentioned , you don't need a trip to the ER . Get it all cleaned and lubed real good , get the front end set better , and have fun ! Having fun with friends on the track , beats having fights with enemies in the pits ! Good Luck , and keep us posted ..

Last edited:
Back