Noram clutch

JRH

I have a Noram cheetah clutch. Was wondering how the air gap is adjusted and if it can be run tighter than factory settings?

Not sure about the cheetah but some clutches have shims that can be added or removed to change the air gap, others you have to change the floater plate to tighten the airgap up once it gets too big. I dont believe the cheetah has shims so you will likely need a new floater

I just bought a Cheetah. Haven't run it yet (except 2 runs down River Rd- cause I just couldn't wait. Shhh!) Just out of curiosity, why would you adjust from factory? Would tighter gap lock up quicker? I adjusted lockup rpm on mine with allen screws and nuts. I run a small backyard track. I think its 3800 rpm now. How do you like the clutch overall?

The air gap is what determines how hard and fast the clutch "hits" or comes in, on disc clutches. As the clutch wears, air gap increases and has to be shimmed to tighten it back up, or be rebuilt. Some dont have shims so they have to be rebuilt.

The air gap is what determines how hard and fast the clutch "hits" or comes in, on disc clutches. As the clutch wears, air gap increases and has to be shimmed to tighten it back up, or be rebuilt. Some dont have shims so they have to be rebuilt.

W5R, Thanks for the info. This is my first disc clutch. Nice to know what to look for and rebuild before its gets too bad.

Back