Nose protector

How do you get it to stick? I've used about every kind of glue I can think of but within a day or so it's like it's peeling right back off. It's looking like I'm going to have to rivet it to the plastic.

I’ve used spray contact adhesive. Spray an even coat to both surfaces, let dry, and stick it on with firm pressure. Wall paper seam roller and heat gun helps. When finished, a strip of color of your choice duct tape on the top and rivets at the wheel openings work great. Hope this helps.

How do you get it to stick? I've used about every kind of glue I can think of but within a day or so it's like it's peeling right back off. It's looking like I'm going to have to rivet it to the plastic.
The stuff from Home Depot has glue on it. Heat it up with a heat gun or hair dryer putting it on. I’ll take the nose, put it on the floor in the kitchen, have someone stand in it so it don’t move and apply the moulding. After it’s on I’ll use electrical tape and go across the very top, so dirt and water can’t get under the moulding. I’ve never used rivets.

I put purchased the 4” vinyl trim base molding as previously mentioned from Home Depot. Went on with ease on my plastic nose just using a good heat gun and riveted both ends near front wheel wells after. Only downfall is that it comes in a 20 ft. roll. I will sell anyone a 5 ft. length for $12 shipped to there door within continental US. Text me anytime at (920)-946-2348. Located in Elkhart Lake, WI.

The stuff from Home Depot has glue on it. Heat it up with a heat gun or hair dryer putting it on. I’ll take the nose, put it on the floor in the kitchen, have someone stand in it so it don’t move and apply the moulding. After it’s on I’ll use electrical tape and go across the very top, so dirt and water can’t get under the moulding. I’ve never used rivets. use the same process except
I use the same process except I put 2 small rivets on each side near the wheel opening.

Back