Not AKRA Approved

DynoDon

This carb has is not approved by AKRA. Will not pass tech.

Attachments

• 80897D9D-D2E4-4DEB-8B29-DB63B392379B.jpeg
    80897D9D-D2E4-4DEB-8B29-DB63B392379B.jpeg
    94.1 KB · Views: 788
If it had a name on it would it pass or is it completely illegal?
It has not been presented to AKRA for inspection therefore we have no idea if it is legal or not. Very first paragraph in the rule book says all new parts must be presented to AKRA for approval before use.

Only 2 nuts hold that item on an engine , are you sure it came from him that way ? From the looks of that top plate that is a older engine .. Most builders now have cut top plates with their names etched in it .. im just saying thats kinda bad business

Builder stickers never reflect that they 100% built the engine... this post should have never had the builder name, until it was proven its his work. I’ve tossed big name in tech for a twisted butterfly, seriously doubt that particular builder did it because I never received a call from him..

not taking anyone's side but I believe we are all just assuming it's the engine in the back ground, he never said that it was that particular engine, he just said a big name engine builder. But maybe im wrong about this one.

Any side cover with stickers fits on any engine. You cannot blame the builder for something unless you know for a fact! I highly doubt Miller put that carb on that motor, no big name builder would because they know the rules pretty well.

So basically to rephrase my previous question; I’m a little naive as I haven’t (and probably will not) buy into this clone stuff, but if said “no name carb” showed up in tech, and the tech man didn’t see it missing “made in China” or whatever is missing for verb-age on said unit, would it pass tech tool tests? Like could you use a Honda carb since the clone is or was a knock off of their stuff therefore be the same, if anything, more consistent of a product?

I think it would be legal in NKA. See below.

40.4.11: Carburetor
40.4.11.1: Approved Carburetor
Stock Huayi or Ruixing type carb only. There must be a factory edge, not rounded or
smoothed over, all the way around the entrance and exit to the venture of carburetor.

See it says Huayi or Ruixing type carb. 🤔
The word "type" tells me it should be legal if it measures good. Or, it is just really poorly worded. But this is about AKRA, not NKA.

Back