Not AKRA Approved

Unless it is presented to AKRA for approval it isn’t permitted for use. I am pretty sure NKA would be the same way.

what I’m trying to say, is if it passes specs, why would it need to be presented to akra? If you have one in your possession, and your the one handling akra on here, it seems akra has one? If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck I want to say it’s a duck? Every flathead carb isn’t marked or labeled, wka didn’t make everyone send their carbs in, even when the cyclone carbs were a thing. In my opinion that’s what tech tools and tech personnel are for. If a carb is presented to akra, then comes back good you can bore it out then and not have to worry? That’s the impression I get from this post 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
I don’t make the rules, I just share them with the karting public. You have a misconception that I am the deciding factor.

it might be bad wording but the rule book states the carb brand on the first two line on the carburetor page

So basically to rephrase my previous question; I’m a little naive as I haven’t (and probably will not) buy into this clone stuff, but if said “no name carb” showed up in tech, and the tech man didn’t see it missing “made in China” or whatever is missing for verb-age on said unit, would it pass tech tool tests? Like could you use a Honda carb since the clone is or was a knock off of their stuff therefore be the same, if anything, more consistent of a product?
Very Simple! All new parts need to be sent to AKRA for approval. If not and approved they are not legal!

KKanina17, maybe if you started your own sanctioning body and went through the growing pains to keep it alive you would have a better understanding of the why and why not’s

Back