Not getting fuel

It's been about 3 weeks since I last started my kart. I fueled it up And I can't get fuel blown into the carb. I tried a new fuel pump, new lines, and even tried a different tank and it stops at the outline before the carb.

If you didn't drain the fuel from the carb the last time then the float needle is stuck in the seat.
Take the float bowl off, remove the needle and clean things.
Don't drop the needle when you take the float bowl off!!
Next time drain the carb after you are done. Remove the fuel line from the carb and plug it.
Spray some WD 40 in the carb fuel inlet fitting and let it drain out also.
Leave the fuel line off of the carb.

Inlet needle stuck.
Pretty common when they sit for a while, or even when transporting.

I'd follow everything Jim recommended there, only difference is that I do not suggest transporting with no fuel in the bowl (I think this contributes to the floats/inlet needle sticking from bouncing around in the trailer.) A little fuel left in the bowl will cushion the ride for the floats and you'll find them not changing height from one trip to the next.

Quick and easy to drop the bowl, float & inlet needel: Blast everything out with brake clean - reassemble - and race.
You may even want to re-check your float height settings while you've got it apart - doesn't hurt to be sure.

-----
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
26 years of service to the karting industry
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Good advice there guys . I had that problem over the weekend. I came in from hot laps & it died on me. I played around with it & the float was stuck. One other thing to look out for is your over flow hoses or catch can. If over flow hoses become restricted in any way , it becomes an issue. Same with catch can . It can lead to some back pressure. FYI

Back