Number Question

jaymancds

Hey yall I cant seem to find anywhere that rules for numbers are listed. Is there an unwritten standard? Size is what I'm looking for. Dirt oval Kart btw.

6" numbers and clearly visible.

One on each side, one on the right side of the nose and one on a tag attached to the rear bumper.

The pretty standard for most tracks.

On the bumper or on the back of the seat? 6" numbers for all of them?
That was the written rule yes for all, However I've never seen one measured as long as there visible close size don't blend in with the graphics to much they'll leave you alone, on rear I've seen them on seat back, on a number plate attached to bumper, on number plates attached to brackets off wolfe plates if on the left.

On the Triton with the right side brake, stickers on the back of seat. On all our other karts I made an L bracket and attached them to the wolf plate.

Since most tracks have rules written like this: "WKA rules apply except AKRA clone rules"

If your track makes mention of using WKA rules and has no superseding section on numbers, the official WKA handbook rule is:

Four numbers are to be displayed on the kart. Including one at the front of the vehicle, on both sides in a vertical plane between front and rear wheels; and at the rear of the vehicle as viewed from behind. Number panels must be of adequate size to accept assigned, disposable numbers. Whether paper-type numbers utilized or number are painted or decal on bodywork, they must be readily readable to the scoring and race officiating personnel.

Note that there is no official size rule for dirt speedway as you can see, but a generally accepted rule seems to be 6" Oddly I just looked and the sprint kart rules only require a 3 3/4" number and require "numbers and background to be of contrasting colors that are EZ to read." Yes, someone actually shorthanded EZ in there. God their rulebook need a rewrite.

Well no one cares what WKA says anymore, click on their homepage you'll see where their loyalties lie

Well no one cares what WKA says anymore, click on their homepage you'll see where their loyalties lie
I know you post this every time someone mentions WKA. But damn near every track still says WKA rules except....

Again, I just provided info, take it how you want.

They might where you live and race, but around here they dont use WKA for anything, WKA can wither away and die as far as oval racers are concerned, they have nothing to offer us

They might where you live and race, but around here they dont use WKA for anything, WKA can wither away and die as far as oval racers are concerned, they have nothing to offer us
There Irrelevant here as well for years ,Just that everyone's rules state all but clone are WKA as there established and known better, think of it as a good base line with in the rules.

There Irrelevant here as well for years ,Just that everyone's rules state all but clone are WKA as there established and known better, think of it as a good base line with in the rules.
I was a master member to WKA for 15 years, as well as my whole family Assc. members, but when the WKA started making rule changes based on money they signed their own death warrant .
And I know they still use WKA to tech flatheads and animals, but animals are dead here as well

I was a master member to WKA for 15 years, as well as my whole family Assc. members, but when the WKA started making rule changes based on money they signed their own death warrant .
And I know they still use WKA to tech flatheads and animals, but animals are dead here as well
Still Animals here, and everyone still states WKA general rules & chassis specs.

Still Animals here, and everyone still states WKA general rules & chassis specs.
You mean the chassis spec that they didnt enforce? and when they got called on it they changed the rule because of 100 karts instead of thinking of the other 1000's that due to perception would of been deemed obsolete? or the champ kart wheelbase rule that still isnt being enforced?
No thanks, we'll stick with AKRA, that way when we see those certain karts win we can use a rule book the deem them illegal like it should of been

You mean the chassis spec that they didnt enforce? and when they got called on it they changed the rule because of 100 karts instead of thinking of the other 1000's that due to perception would of been deemed obsolete? or the champ kart wheelbase rule that still isnt being enforced?
No thanks, we'll stick with AKRA, that way when we see those certain karts win we can use a rule book the deem them illegal like it should of been
I hear ya, and agree but what WKA has done in the past has nothing to do with how tracks here enforce there rules even when they refer to WKA rules.

I hear ya, and agree but what WKA has done in the past has nothing to do with how tracks here enforce there rules even when they refer to WKA rules.
AKRA and NKA both have adopted the flathead and animal rules just as they are written in the WKA manual, AKRA,NKA,and IKF all hold the same chassis, safety tech etc rules, its time to let WKA die in dirt oval racing, and its their own fault.
Remember how hard they fought against the clone when they "sided" with briggs.
Sorry they have done so much against dirt oval racers, choose a current rule set that has all the rules, supports oval racers, and more over supports this site, something WKA thought they was above

Back