NW OH Chassis Debate

Footloose
Slack
Phantom - which I run already.
Trick - Olimpic
Ultramax
Charger

If you had to buy a new one which one would you go with and why?

Slack seems to be the chassis of choice around here. Just thinking about a brand new kart next year and would like some insight to ones that particularly don't run up here. Currently I'm on a 12 Triton and 08 Icon. Not really looking to get into another Phantom though.

I am a phantom guy .
If i was going a different route . Charger . The reason being just because .
Could probably throw a dart and be successful.
Slack or Trick if there mfg close by .

own a Slack and a Charger beaten each with the other. Each one has its own trick up its sleeve but a dialed in chassis with the right ratio and tires will be able to win anything. Have a 21 prodigy Cadet for sale if interested. Wouldn't touch Phantom at all. they had to bring back the Recon because the last two chassis didn't cut it.
only chassis I'd consider at the moment are Slack Pursuit, Charger Prodigy Cadet or a Premier.

own a Slack and a Charger beaten each with the other. Each one has its own trick up its sleeve but a dialed in chassis with the right ratio and tires will be able to win anything. Have a 21 prodigy Cadet for sale if interested. Wouldn't touch Phantom at all. they had to bring back the Recon because the last two chassis didn't cut it.
only chassis I'd consider at the moment are Slack Pursuit, Charger Prodigy Cadet or a Premier.
What about Kinetik? I have heard great things about them and I am riding one this year. It works great for me but I am with you about the phantoms stuff.

What about Kinetik? I have heard great things about them and I am riding one this year. It works great for me but I am with you about the phantoms stuff.
any modern chassis can get the job done. I love phantom products like the Accu toe, but their constant effort to unleash a new chassis every year in an effort to get you to upgrade has finally bit them in the rear. combine that with the fact that their customer service with anything older than a 2021 is non existent and help with a 22 is marginal.

any modern chassis can get the job done. I love phantom products like the Accu toe, but their constant effort to unleash a new chassis every year in an effort to get you to upgrade has finally bit them in the rear. combine that with the fact that their customer service with anything older than a 2021 is non existent and help with a 22 is marginal.
I have heard from countless people when they call about a problem with an older chassis and ask for help it turns into a sales pitch about the latest and great chassis they just produced. But you are spot on about there tools and stuff. Such easy to use tools and are so helpful.

The new page on Facebook the "Official" does post a lot of help as of late. But out of the last 7 years they chose to bring back the one chassis everyone hates up where I am.

Slack. Premier, Kinetik, Charger are all main stays up here. Me personally I've been following Hammer, Premier, and Footloose. BUT I've never talked to anybody with a Footloose to even know if they're even quick up here. Which like you said, any up to date chassis will work out. Just seems to be a customer support and ease of setup.

Hammer karts are good I know Alex is very helpful I buy bodies from him. (Excellent Chavous dealer) Like slack he really wants you to do well. If he is at the track your running he will be in your corner and passing along the same strategies he’s giving to his factory people. I have seen it.

Back