O-ringing clone head or block

No not really for nothing, I still need to know where to get the o-ring done and I'm going to build a gx200 and a big block soon I've got some good info from this post and the gasket was blown checked it last night so minidragbike can you do the o-ring or know someone who can? I would like to do the whole sleeve in head on the big block so what kind of info can I get on that?

Go pick up some wire that has .060 copper wire inside.
Skin off the insulation and cut a .040 depth O ring in the block....shape the wire VERY carefully into the groove use HondaBond in and over the groove and as a head/block sealer. Make the head gasket of .020 copper sheet.

The O ringing is done on a mill with a circle cutter, and the tip of the cutter shaped round, same as the wire.
It's a rather simple but careful procedure and will prevent compression loss.

Ok cool I've seen a lot if your YouTube videos and you guys do some wicked stuff with the gx's I'm trying to get like that but with the dirt kart stuff I've built a lot of dirt car engines and four cylinder stuff but I'm realatively new to the clones and gx200 stuff and man any help or tips your willing to reveal I'm all ears . Right now this clone I've put together is pretty nasty for what it is and I feel the the reason it's so tuff is because of the attention to detail and the tolerances I've put in it . I just wish I had a bigger budget to work with

Do not know of anyone that makes tooling to o-ring a head. The tooling to o-ring a block goes in a automotive style boring bar.However, you can not set up a kart engine on most of these machines. May be a good specialty market if you could come up with the tooling?

If you are cutting the head for a kart it is easily done on the lathe, if you want your groove cut in the block the mill is an easy setup.

Mount the head on a face plate, combustion chamber facing your tool turret you now have easy access. This is also a n easy way to machine the sealing surface. Remember a lathe will do everything a mill does.

Ded
Do not know of anyone that makes tooling to o-ring a head. The tooling to o-ring a block goes in a automotive style boring bar.However, you can not set up a kart engine on most of these machines. May be a good specialty market if you could come up with the tooling?
DED makes a tool to o ring block or head

The biggest question is.... Was that tool available in 2014, the last post was in 2014 until it was revived.

Back