Octane Blaze setup #'s...

MaxxT Out

Needing some input on these numbers for Octane Blaze, Out of Box Predator class, 360lbs.,
Left 57.0 207.5 lbs
Rear 52.3 190.6
Cross 57.7 209.9
Front weight 173.5 lbs..

1 1/4 front stagger
1 1/8 rear stagger

Needing some input on these numbers for Octane Blaze, Out of Box Predator class, 360lbs.,
Left 57.0 207.5 lbs
Rear 52.3 190.6
Cross 57.7 209.9
Front weight 173.5 lbs..

1 1/4 front stagger
1 1/8 rear stagger
To much nose at 47.7% lower to 46 %, not enough cross increase to 63 %, what size track ? what are the cambers ?

These numbers are a little off because I think you gave us the track class weight rather than your actual weight total.

Attachments

• maxxt out_1 11 6 2020.jpg
    maxxt out_1 11 6 2020.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 82
Cross: 63-65
Left: 56-57
Nose 45.5
Camber: +.75 lf -2.8 rf
Stock castor
1 1/2 front
1 1/8 rear
Rr wheel off frame at 3/16
Lr wheel off frame at 1”

Typically on the Blaze/Blaze Octane running a 8.25 wheel on the left rear is recommended (by me). Is it really needed, prolly not. That chassis is very user friendly. Keep the duro of the left rear 5-7 points harder than the right sides. If ya need anything else please don’t be hesitant on shooting me a text.

JR Curtis

Man
Cross: 63-65
Left: 56-57
Nose 45.5
Camber: +.75 lf -2.8 rf
Stock castor
1 1/2 front
1 1/8 rear
Rr wheel off frame at 3/16
Lr wheel off frame at 1”

Typically on the Blaze/Blaze Octane running a 8.25 wheel on the left rear is recommended (by me). Is it really needed, prolly not. That chassis is very user friendly. Keep the duro of the left rear 5-7 points harder than the right sides. If ya need anything else please don’t be hesitant on shooting me a text.

JR Curtis
It’s crazy with these karts our setups can be so much different and still be extremely fast. I love our old ultramax its perfect for these smaller backyard tracks all over the country!

Thanks guys for your help.. Clay City Ky tomorrow. Spur of the moment taking my Stock Appearing kart at #330 lbs and putting my light weight nephew on it to make a #360 lb class for Predators.. Coming in at #364 lbs with a decent amount of lead. I did put a few 2 lb pucks on the nose of kart. Should I take thos and get them more to the center of the kart on the floor pan??

Thanks guys for your help.. Clay City Ky tomorrow. Spur of the moment taking my Stock Appearing kart at #330 lbs and putting my light weight nephew on it to make a #360 lb class for Predators.. Coming in at #364 lbs with a decent amount of lead. I did put a few 2 lb pucks on the nose of kart. Should I take thos and get them more to the center of the kart on the floor pan??
yes get the nose 46 % or little lower, Increase that cross as well, make sure cambers are close to as posted I'd only be 2.65 RF and .75 LF.
Good Luck !!

I had an Octane Blaze, set up per Ultramax online setup, and was pretty good except pushed on corner exit. Took it to a savvy local guy for help and all he did was add 10 pounds to the nose. Gained 1/2 second a lap immediately. I was at 390 pounds and adding even more weight was the last thing I wanted to do but man it helped a ton. So I guess there are no absolutes.

I had an Octane Blaze, set up per Ultramax online setup, and was pretty good except pushed on corner exit. Took it to a savvy local guy for help and all he did was add 10 pounds to the nose. Gained 1/2 second a lap immediately. I was at 390 pounds and adding even more weight was the last thing I wanted to do but man it helped a ton. So I guess there are no absolutes.
If you have a handling issue of course you must make an adjustment, but if he added 10 lb to 45.5 % to 46 % nose to get it to turn, your tires just didn't have quite enough bite in them and I bet your LR was not at least 5 pts harder.

Im not taking scales to the track and karts are all loaded and strapped in... So if I move the 4lbs from the nose, how do I raise the cross. Front right spindle washers? Thanks again for any help...

Im not taking scales to the track and karts are all loaded and strapped in... So if I move the 4lbs from the nose, how do I raise the cross. Front right spindle washers? Thanks again for any help...
I would think you would want to approach any changes very slowly. Move one washer, see what that does, if it's better, move another. I'd think you'd want to be very conservative until you can get it on the scales.

Thank you Al and Racing Promoter. I was gonna let him hot lap it, then move the weight and 2 washers to see what happens. Thanks again..

Thank you Al and Racing Promoter. I was gonna let him hot lap it, then move the weight and 2 washers to see what happens. Thanks again..
I am a little more conservative than you. Besides that, won't the track improve between sessions? I'm thinking; if you go faster, will it be because of the track getting better, or the weight change?

If everything else is correct for hot lap, it may be a tick loose on entry the way it is now, make those adjustments you'll be ok

Back