oem exhaust 3 bolt muffler

foreverfaster

Site Supporter
can someone tell me what, when, ect. the predator motor came with an oem exhaust that had 3 nuts / bolts that held the muffler to the header tube.

Never knew of such a creature . Every factory exh that i have seen was welded and the only bolts are on the flange to the head. Greyhound maybe??

i have 3 of these, just by happenstance. all are non hemi's. local guy needed a motor so i pulled one of the shelf.. let him use it and the track said it was not legal because of this exhaust... trying to figure out where they would have came from. if i can prove its a stock part. having a tough time getting information.

here it is if the picture shows up best on line pic i could find..

Attachments

• s-l640.jpg
    s-l640.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 34
https://www.ebay.com/p/1781867970
this whole process is because i got bent out of shape, ((quietly in my head)), i wasn't going to make a scene.. They wanted to DQ a kid with a motor i gave him to use.. from a tech prospective, the groups tech guy is an idiot... and could paint a bad picture of me handing out illegal parts.. which i was having no part of.. i have sense forwarded the pics and links to their tech guy and others that were involved.... FEELING JUSTIFIED !

Last edited:
ohhhhhhhh...I reread it, the header where it attaches to muffler is 3 bolt. My predators are like that...i think. I am out fo town but I will look but I am pretty sure all of the non hemis I have bought come with a 3 bolt header to muffler.

up date.. If YOU don't know your STUFF, you shouldn't be a tech inspector or even involved in rules. they are going to outlaw this exhaust.. I feel bad for the group.. there are clearly a few that have pushed the rules envelope and are fast., and with no proper tech people are not coming back and are getting out of it... (mini wedge karts) sad really, could have been a great feeder for a Champ kart series. Thanks all for listening to me gripe.

here it is if the picture shows up best on line pic i could find..
The muffler pictured is a STOCK NON-HEMI Predator muffler....The muffler flows MUCH better than the stock muffler on the Predator Hemi motor....Most tracks DO NOT allow mixing parts and they should not,IMHO.....If it was on a Hemi motor & motors are run out-of-the-box than that would be a DQ....

The muffler pictured is a STOCK NON-HEMI Predator muffler....The muffler flows MUCH better than the stock muffler on the Predator Hemi motor....Most tracks DO NOT allow mixing parts and they should not,IMHO.....If it was on a Hemi motor & motors are run out-of-the-box than that would be a DQ....
E X A C T L Y !!! that's what i told the "" tech"" guy. its a NON HEMI PART... he and another guy put it on a hemi to test. and the kart picked up like 300 rpm's under load and 400 at a free rev.. in doing so they essentially were making an illegal motor.. some people just don't get it. They are going to kill this class. then the kids will have to look elsewhere for racing.

If they are going to ban a stock part , then they should change the rules and go to a weenie pipe and be done with it . But don't DQ anyone that has been using the pipe and muffler if it is a factory part . JMO

^^^^^^^^^
They should change ruls to you can run a weenie pipe and then you dont have to deal with this bull.
They will sounds better, perform better, and not cause any problems with tech.

Back