Offset motor, clutch close to the seat

agepag

Hey guys, have a question regarding the L0206 and placement on the kart. I have 2 boys 1, running junior light on a 1010 Exprit Chassis and 1 ruining Jr who had a full size tony kart, but recent purchased an Exprit kart (was a 2 cycle chassis) both I find the motor and clutch are very close to the seat, we run the QPT motor mount, but it has to be offset very far to the right and will flop over when not tightened. Any suggestions or tips?

Post some pics.what do you consider "very close"? Some 4 stroke setups don't leave a lot of room between seat and clutch bolt but if they don't hit it's nothing to worry about. Pictures would help though

^ This guy knows his stuff.

Another option would be to make up an offset base plate. Just be sure you don't have the engine offset so far over the outside motor rail that you have issues with block flex and subsequent sidecover oil leaks. The bast plate will help in this regard as well.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
33 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

THanks guys, I really like the QTP mount, but think it hangs over way to far. This weekend pushing the kart stands I couldn't believe how much the stands were pulling to one side! The top plate is really hanging off the bottom plate, may have to look at some other options

Back