Ohio All Stars rules/regulations

Ohio All Stars

After a couple weeks off school i was finally able to write this short novel.. You will see most are identical or similar to those that the UAS uses. Please inquire if i seem to have missed anything.

Ohio All Stars Rules & Regulations

General -
1. The administrator and promoters have the right to refuse equipment for this class’s entry, if deemed unsafe, or not within general spec/regulations.
2. Open tire rule for the Ohio All Star class at all tracks scheduled. (scheduling in process TBA)
3. Ages 16 & up
4. No membership required, every entry will receive series points.
5. Entry fee of 50$
6. 10$ of EACH entry will go towards points. That makes it 80% payback for each race; the rest will go towards the top 3 point awards funds. HOWEVER, this is subject to change if enough sponsorship is provided to just do 100% payback per race. Racers will be notified right away if such sponsor presents itself!

Safety/Pre-tech-
1. Chassis must be flat karts from steel tubing made for racing purposes. No roll cages or champ kart chassis obviously.
2. Brakes - The brake system MUST be able to LOCK the axle in the case of a throttle sticking open. These requirements are based upon the power of the engines used on these karts.
3. Under NO circumstance may the mini-lite stock rotors be used in this series. The caliper may be used with upgraded rotor though of course.
4. All brake rotors MUST be thicker than 1/8th of an inch and be vented somehow, (slotted, drilled etc.) and include a wolf plate to protect the seat from the rotor.
5. Caliper bolts, rotor hub bolts, and steering assembly MUST be reinforced to insure nothing coming loose while on-track. Such as, cotter key, safety pins, doubles nut, etc.
6. Dual and front brakes are allowed.
7. Safety equipment is the standard, everything covered, helmet, gloves, jacket, neck brace. Some tracks may require a particular Snell rating of your helmet for insurance purposes.

Body work
1. Absolutely no sheet metal or sharp edged material in the place of side panels, noses, wedge center pieces, etc.
2. Lexan, fiberglass, carbon fiber, wedge wings and “splitter noses” WILL be allowed.
3. The side panels along with the center piece of wedge bodies need to have a center height (wheel to wheel) reasonable for a driver’s view of the kart next to him in the event of passing or being passed. This will help prevent many incidents. This height measurement will be announced later on along with a rear body width spec. (99% of people I have seen or spoke with will not have an issue)
4. There will be NO height rules for those running see through lexan panels, only the rear width rule (tba) will apply.

Weight/Engine rules
1. All competitors must declare their displacement in CC’s, and establish their respective calculated weight on their kart visible to scale man/woman.
2. If running heat races, top 3 in each heat must weigh or they will be scored on the tail end.
3. If qualifying, all karts weigh immediately after their time trial run, or scored on tail end.
4. In the Feature the top 5 will weigh immediately after track exit or be scored to the tail end.
5. The minimum weight formulas are as follows
2 stroke
160cc max.
Rotary/Reed - 230 pounds + 1 pound per 1cc.
Piston Port - 200 pounds + 1 pound per cc.
1 cylinder, No water cooled 2 cycles or mx engines, no exceptions.

4 Stroke
440cc max.
Flathead - 190 pounds + 1 pound per 3cc.
Overhead Valve push rod - 200 pounds + 1 pound per 2.5cc.
1 Cylinder, No MX engines or water cooled 4 strokes, no exceptions (including JAWA).

On-track
1. Racers have 2 chances for a double file start. After 2 tries we will go single file.
2. 7 minute time limit on heats, 15 minute time limit on features. I will have a timer on me.
3. Engine restarts; you have 1 engine restart per heat and feature race, and 2 caution pace laps to do so. NO EXCEPTIONS. We will have thousands of dollars in clutches and brake systems, plus gas sucking high performance engines on the track, I’m not having them burned up for YOU.

Post-tech
Not required. However here’s my proposal…… if you believe somebody is not running the proper weight formula for their claimed engine package, discreetly notify me with a 40$ tech fee and of the top 5 kart you protest. The head of the protested engine will be pulled and measurement of the bore and stroke for proper cc will be taken. If within the cc declared prior to race, the owner of the protested engine will receive your 40$ gift . If the engine is NOT within the claimed cc’s, you will receive your 40$ back, and the protested engine will be stripped of points, position, and payout of that day.

Sponsors
I am currently looking for anyone interested in sponsoring this series, whether with money, equipment, trophies etc. To have their names associated with my banner, flyers, All 4 cycle and facebook posts etc.

HOWEVER. Any sponsorship requiring all O.A.S. drivers to use your product, will be respectfully declined. No offense.

Track Scheduling
If you are interested in holding a O.A.S. race at your track, and willing to comply with these rules, please notify me on here or by email- Nhop07@yahoo.com
We will have 6 races with 1 drop.

Like i stated if i missed anything let me know, I typed this up quick..
If you have any questions though please let me know on here, through email or my cell number.

thanks, Nick Hopper
nhop07@yahoo.com
513-544-3419

Nick,
You can't see through lexan if there is mud on it......making it the same as any other panel. I've seen enough dirt stick to panel with dew on it to become opaque as well. Allowing unlimited sized lexan panels is opening up a can of worms.
Mike

as long as it is see through it is allowed. Ive ran against several plastic clear sides, havnt seen many problems. If its not see through, then the measurement height rules apply. Pre tech will decide.

This is not "sportsmans" class as it is to the UAS. This is its own series, that is not about unecessary expenses or horsepower. Its about hooking up and smooth driving. I like to think of it as a "pro" class :)

Nick,

I don't mean to pick your rules apart but you should reconsider allowing sides that will prevent your racers from being able to legally compete in a 1/4 points race that you said you were going to have.

Good Luck,
Mike

Mike. lets make it simple for you.
If it is clear see through lexan. It is legal for whatever height. If it is not, the center height rule will apply. PERIOD.

So this isn't actually a ''UAS'' region? Guess I won't try to make this trip. Hmm. Was lookin forward to New tracks and faces too. My motor package takes me out.

Back