Oil Choice

I was wondering what type of oil I should use (Light, Medium, or Heavy) with a flathead that has a 107ss cam and arc 4.5" billet rod in it. I was planning on using cool power or thor oil.

4T is great quality oil.
Just keep in mind that it is a different base stock (PAO base) versus the PAG based Thor and Cool Power oils.
They are NOT compatible with each other and WILL cause problems if not flushed thoroughly.

If you're going to stick with Thor or CP, go with their heavy weight oil for your engine application.

-----
?Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
30 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

4T is great quality oil.
Just keep in mind that it is a different base stock (PAO base) versus the PAG based Thor and Cool Power oils.
They are NOT compatible with each other and WILL cause problems if not flushed thoroughly.

If you're going to stick with Thor or CP, go with their heavy weight oil for your engine application.

-----
?Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
30 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com
how are you flushing them?

with amsoil...drain your old oil.refill with the recommended amount of amsoil 4t.start motor and run for 2 to 5 min.drain oil then refill....ready to go...

how are you flushing them?

Drain the old oil when it is hot.
Then, I will rinse then engine crankcase thoroughly with mineral spirits. A little acetone or brake clean to finish the rinse (as it evaporates very quickly) and re-fill with oil of your choice.
Run the engine up to temperature and drain the oil again.
Now it's ready to re-fill and race.

Back