Oil for clone

With gas motors any 5W20 synthetic will be fine. When is the last time you heard of a motor failing because the oil broke down at 6800 rpm?

With gas motors any 5W20 synthetic will be fine. When is the last time you heard of a motor failing because the oil broke down at 6800 rpm?
Yes it will be fine, however theres a much greater power loss using this as well verses some oils. When you are racing for good money, would you want an oil that does not perform as well.

I run what my builder tells me to. My Miller engines get Miller Oil, KSR gets the KSR oil and my Speed Clinic gets KRT driven, Worsham will get Amsoil 4t when i get it. That's what they told me to use. when you get the motor back change it twice the first night of use. From then on I was told I could run two classes on 12-14 oz

have a good rapport with your builder and they will treat you right. if you think they give everyone else something better or feel like all the speed secrets are always kept from you... find a new builder.

Why do kart racers mostly (not all) use Polyalkylene Glycol oil instead of mineral based racing oils? I have not observed any other form of racing using PAG.

Back