Oil for clone

We run 14-15oz. Thor, Coolpower, FHS any of the good karting oils work, just stay away from Junk like Lucas! I've personally rebuilt two engines ran on lucas that had destroyed cranks and rods within 5-6 races.

And there is no best oil. Amsoil 4t is a great oil that was designed to meet the needs of air cooled 4cycle kart engines. Mobil1 and royal purple are also good but remember that those oils were designed around liquid cooled engines. Like already stated thor, coolpower, fhs are all good karting oils that were designed for air cooled tight tolerance motors. Pick your poison basically as the quality of the oil is directly reflected through the price.

I run nothing but Amsoil 4T. I've been using it since it came out. I use it in every motor I have from stockers to opens. I've never had an oil related failure. I run 14 ounces in my motors

You are obviously new to this so just pick a oil brand. Change it weekly and run 12-14oz depending on what degree mount you run.

And before you ask for predator or clone again just realize they all run the same and they do not require different oils.

You are obviously new to this so just pick a oil brand. Change it weekly and run 12-14oz depending on what degree mount you run.

And before you ask for predator or clone again just realize they all run the same and they do not require different oils.
Not really new maybe just to old. When i use to race all we had was flatheads so with all these different motors im just trying to learn all over again

Not really new maybe just to old. When i use to race all we had was flatheads so with all these different motors im just trying to learn all over again
Yea ; if it comes down too oil type or brand . Your raceing top level competition .
In that case your builder will have a say .

Back