oil for clone

No. All but one engine we tested was running other karting or automotive oils and we just drained and replaced. Lucas told us plus put on the label that it mixes with petroleum and synthetic based oils.

This oil is claiming to have 3 times the amount of zinc compared to Mobile 1 and then they are also selling a break in additive pure zinc 1oz to 14oz. I would think there would be a concern regarding galvanic corrosion at this concentration. When two dissimilar metals are in contact one of them will suffer.

The zinc additive break in oil is to be added to conventional motor oil during the break in period, not to the Lucas karting oil for racing. Use 1oz OR LESS with 12-14oz of 0w-20 or 5w-20 motor oil and shake up well. 1oz will add around 500 to 600zppm to your oil but it will slightly thicken it as well which is why we recommend only using 1oz or less. It can be used for racing if you are running an off the shelf automotive oil. Use the same ratio.

No claims here, only fact. Yes that is the zinc content of the oil. Zinc is added to oil for wear protection on flat tappet cams, chrome rings and crank journals because zinc will run to heat.

A big +1.

One of my motors ate itself on Mobil 1 synthetic, even the manufacturer advised us NOT to use it in this application due to low zinc.

Why zinc for breakin? My (flawed?) approach has been to let the metal have it it and bed. Let the motor warm up and work it good on the track. Then once that's done switch to an oil with more protection.

Not saying the zinc is best for break in, I've used it and not used and had good results with both but a lot of people have called and asked for a high zinc break in oil and instead of shelving a $9 to 10 a quart break in oil I just got an additive to put in the oil for the ones that want it.

thank you for the info. that were the questions I needed answered. I for one will start running that oil next year and see how it performs. again thanks.

The zinc helps as a sort of solid lube drawn to heat, and engines like ours(non-roller and no oil-pressure with lots of rubbing parts) will actually consume to the zinc from the oil and it needs to be re-added.
I broke my first engine in on the Maxima I now use all the time, then switched to mobil-1. After one race day with Mobil-1 the performance was down and I had more glitter in the oil than before, the next race it ate the rod in the 2nd heat. Still full of 20oz of oil with a big hole in the top of the engine, cam journals, cam lobes, and piston skirts all looked like crap.
I think my bosses airplane motor suffered a similar fate this spring, newer engine with low hours on it, an air cooled pushrod flat-6 motor. Oil analysis showed the zinc levels going from 1200ppm with break in oil down to 30 ppm at the last oil change before it ate itself.

after speaking with jody at length about oils and what i'm looking for, i think that lucas and ARC have hit on what is needed. as with every other thing about karting, your going to have half say it's no good and the other half say they love it....and the third half that just want to race! i'm going to use it next season. no, not because it's something new and exciting....because i normally run royal purple and now that i've depleted my case of that, i'm going to see what lucas has to offer. simple. try it and like it or try it and hate it...as with all the other brands out there, the only way to know for sure is to use it and see what YOUR results are.

17 out of 10 kart racers recommend some kind of oil....the rest just suck it out of thier air conditioners and hit it with some of momma's finest food coloring! and jest soes ya'll nose, i dun did gradgeated!

i have run this lucas oil and it works very well.been using it for a couple of months now on meth and have seen no brake down in it when i change the oil

This is a brand new blend from Lucas that we have been working on with them for several months now. Now I'm not going to come on here and say "run this oil and your engine will produce a full 2HP more" because we all know that is untrue with any oil in a properly built engine. However I will say that we, as well as the other kart shops that helped test this oil have seen excellent wear, 10-15 degrees cooler CHT, longevity, very very good high heat durability (500+deg CHT) and a power increase over the other karting and automotive oils we tested it against especially at high head temps (475-500CHT)

We helped build an oil that the hundreds karters and engine builders continuously called about. They wanted an oil that does X, Y and Z.
X being an oil that is compatible with Gasoline and Methanol that can be run in multiple engines ... Check
Y being an oil with high zinc for heat and wear protection with low carbon build up... Check
Z being an oil designed for splash lube systems that is durable enough to run all night at a local show that is also affordable... Check

We are serious when we say it is a true one and done karting oil regardless if it is a Red Plate Clone, WKA Flathead, Pro Gas Animal, Limited Modified, Gold Plate Animal, SA Predator, Pro Clone, LO206 or Pro Animal this oil will work and perform for you.

I wouldnt hardly call $40 per gallon or $55 per 5 quarts affordable oil to be honest with you.

mobile 1 is 9.48 a quart at auto zone that is 37.92 a gallon royal purple is 10.25 a quart that is 41 a gallon the lucas oil is 39.99 a gallon that is 9.99 a quart and is a oil made for karts. sounds just affordable as most any thing else.

Purchasing 'product' by the gallon is becoming the 'norm' as packing and shipping cost continue too rise. I have customers that can't (or don't want too) drop $40 at one time for oil, so i tell them too bring a quart container and i'll fill it for them! (I make an extra $1.30)

mobile 1 is 9.48 a quart at auto zone that is 37.92 a gallon royal purple is 10.25 a quart that is 41 a gallon the lucas oil is 39.99 a gallon that is 9.99 a quart and is a oil made for karts. sounds just affordable as most any thing else.

Thor oil is made for karting, and is less than $25 per gallon. That is what i would call affordable

do some reserch or just read the side of the thor bottle it does not mix with petroleum. gas is petroleum it is made for meth. sound like a bargon to me.

Back