oil for clone

I use royal purple 5-20 with outstanding wear results,,,,,,I don't think the class your runnin makes a diff on oil. what ever you like and have had good results with and stick with it, don't switch to the oil claim of the week lol. there maybe an advantage in the restrictor classes to runnin a "hot' oil that some claim to give h/p gains

Any oil is better than none.... Pick something and stick with it. I like Mobil 1. No walmart oils... Be prepared to get 5000 different answers though.

Olive oil....I kid. (makes me wonder though)
Walmart don't make oil so I don't think I'd be to bothered about that.

Prettymuch any "racing" oil with a high amount of ZDP (Zinc) is the way to fly. Synth or conventional.

So this got me thinking.... what IS the viscosity of olive oil? Looks like its a little more viscous than SAE10 motor oil .
Maybe olive oil + zzdp treatment is the way to go LOL

I'm awfully tempted to try when I have a couple 100 bux knocking around ha.

Have you used the Lucas oil, if so what was performance? I have used Lucas oil additive in all my racing, and since I started using it, no motor failures. Would like to see some more input about this oil.

I don't have a Facebook access. What kind of nu. did you see on dyno. I am a firm believer in Lucas products, just getting into karting and have seen so much debate on oils for the clones.

I have not used any Lucas additives, and have not had engine failures. Good oil used for a reasonable service life should not require additional additives.

I don't have a Facebook access. What kind of nu. did you see on dyno. I am a firm believer in Lucas products, just getting into karting and have seen so much debate on oils for the clones.

This was taken from their Facebook page:

We would like to introduce a brand new karting oil from the biggest name in racing oils, LUCAS RACING OIL. This oil has been in the works for months now and after many blends and re-blends we are ready to offer it to the karting world. This oil is a high zinc (3800zppm) and phosphorus blend with added super slick and anti-wear additives that is fully compatible with GASOLINE (pump or racing) and METHANOL engines. It has a dispersion agent that allows it to atomize very well for splash lube systems and a mild detergent to help keep your engine clean as well as very low carbon build up. It protects exceptionally well at high head/oil temps and is non corrosive to seals. It is a medium weight oil that is light enough for any Box Stock plate/unrestricted clone, Flathead, Animal/LO206, Predator, F200 and heavy enough for S/A and Outlaw engines. This is a one and done true karting oil that will perform in all your engines. You will be able to run it longer than most other oils. We as well as a local kart shop have done extensive dyno/track testing with this oil and the Lucas company to provide you with a dependable, long lasting, high performance true karting oil... This oil will sell for $39.99 per Gallon... Part #9806

We also will carry the Jr Dragster oil which is the same basic blend as the karting oil, but is a much lighter weight and not as long lasting. This oil is intended for short, high RPM, high HP runs for Jr. Dragsters and will be a very good qualifying oil for karts. It will sell for $54.50 per 5qt jug... Part #9802

Also available is break-in oil from Lucas that is a pure zinc additive to be used during break-in. YOU WILL ONLY NEED 1 OR LESS OUNCES PER 13-14OZ OF 20W OIL and will sell in 16oz bottles for $10.88 so it should last for 16 break-ins. Part #9808
And a new chain lube than has a super slick non sling film with a penetrant to get into the roller and links of the chain. it will sell in a 11oz aerosol can for $6.63. Part #9809

This oil is claiming to have 3 times the amount of zinc compared to Mobile 1 and then they are also selling a break in additive pure zinc 1oz to 14oz. I would think there would be a concern regarding galvanic corrosion at this concentration. When two dissimilar metals are in contact one of them will suffer.

I can see it both ways. All I am saying it has worked in the past for me. Coming from cars, which I know is different, I do believe in it. I could see the difference in the bearing wear, both with and without it. Same oil, same change duration, marked difference in wear patterns. While I know no two engines are the same, I , myself think it does work. I would like to see if anyone has used it, and their thoughts.

This oil is claiming to have 3 times the amount of zinc compared to Mobile 1 and then they are also selling a break in additive pure zinc 1oz to 14oz. I would think there would be a concern regarding galvanic corrosion at this concentration. When two dissimilar metals are in contact one of them will suffer.

No claims here, only fact. Yes that is the zinc content of the oil. Zinc is added to oil for wear protection on flat tappet cams, chrome rings and crank journals because zinc will run to heat.

I can see it both ways. All I am saying it has worked in the past for me. Coming from cars, which I know is different, I do believe in it. I could see the difference in the bearing wear, both with and without it. Same oil, same change duration, marked difference in wear patterns. While I know no two engines are the same, I , myself think it does work. I would like to see if anyone has used it, and their thoughts.

This is a brand new blend from Lucas that we have been working on with them for several months now. Now I'm not going to come on here and say "run this oil and your engine will produce a full 2HP more" because we all know that is untrue with any oil in a properly built engine. However I will say that we, as well as the other kart shops that helped test this oil have seen excellent wear, 10-15 degrees cooler CHT, longevity, very very good high heat durability (500+deg CHT) and a power increase over the other karting and automotive oils we tested it against especially at high head temps (475-500CHT)

We helped build an oil that the hundreds karters and engine builders continuously called about. They wanted an oil that does X, Y and Z.
X being an oil that is compatible with Gasoline and Methanol that can be run in multiple engines ... Check
Y being an oil with high zinc for heat and wear protection with low carbon build up... Check
Z being an oil designed for splash lube systems that is durable enough to run all night at a local show that is also affordable... Check

We are serious when we say it is a true one and done karting oil regardless if it is a Red Plate Clone, WKA Flathead, Pro Gas Animal, Limited Modified, Gold Plate Animal, SA Predator, Pro Clone, LO206 or Pro Animal this oil will work and perform for you.

Any mixing/compatability issues with an engine that has previously run Amsoil 4T Briggs Oil???

Or MotorCraft 5W20 Semi Synthetic??? (red bottle-black cap)

Thanks, Mike

Back