oil for clone

Yea my Dad used tell us he carved a piston out of an old oak stump just to get one of them fords home once, he never noticed any difference so he just left it in there.

We went through 12 different oils before deciding on what to offer to our customers. 8 Karting oils and 4 Automotive oils. Red-E was one if them. It is a really good oil that was one of our top 3 choices. We found a couple unique qualities with the Lucas oil, but the Red-E was equal in every test we put it through but one, and it very very close to it.

read about this many, many, many times!! I got the popcorn if someone else will bring the beer!!! all kidding aside, the best oil that you can use in your motor is the one that you feel comfortable using and that does the job for YOU....everyone else will have an opinion and advise (including me...), but nothing is more satisfying than choosing the oil that YOU want to use.....

but just so everyone knows...I trust what jody (jpr57) says about researching the oils and helping/working with Lucas Oils in developing a kart specific oil. i'm switching from Royal Purple this season to give the Lucas oil a try.......

Because it is difficult to get a good karting oil around here...
Been using Rotella synthetic, Royal Purple, and Kendall synthetic with ZDDP added...all with great results!

I dont remember the name of it, but there is a bottle of stuff that ARC sells that basically boosts the zinc content of any oil if you add it to the oil, this stuff is great when added to Royal Purple or any other oil you feel comfortable using, but i would definately stick with pure synthetic oil in these small engines over conventional motor oil.

What ever happened to the Briggs Valvoline kart oil? There was a big article about it in NKN and was very positive on it. It dissapeared as fast as it appeared and never heard a thing about it. Briggs now is behind the development of the lucas oil.

What ever happened to the Briggs Valvoline kart oil? There was a big article about it in NKN and was very positive on it. It dissapeared as fast as it appeared and never heard a thing about it. Briggs now is behind the development of the lucas oil.

Briggs was/is not involved with Lucas. ARC Racing is who helped develop, test and brought you Lucas Karting oil. As stated above Briggs uses Amsoil.

OK but what about the Valvoline that looked like old prestone (Green) anyone know what happened to it? And yes you are correct briggs is now using amsoil I confused it with Lucas.

Briggs contracted Amsoil to develop a small engine racing oil. That has to tell you something is Briggs chose Amsoil. I use the Amsoil B&S Oil. It is good to use in all high performance small engines.

Briggs contracted Amsoil to develop a small engine racing oil. That has to tell you something is Briggs chose Amsoil. I use the Amsoil B&S Oil. It is good to use in all high performance small engines.

Order Here>

http://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-produ...-stratton-synthetic-4t-racing-oil/?zo=1413129

Amsoil was another of our choices when we was looking into getting a new karting oil for our customers, however to have an oil that as you say "can be used in all high performance small engines" it has to be compatible with Methanol. The Amsoil I tested was not, well not by our standards. LUCAS ASKED US WHAT WE WANTED and after many blends and reblends gave us what we wanted, with a price tag of coarse... Lucas is the biggest name in racing for a reason. The Briggs/Amsoil is a great oil but didn't meet our standards of what we was looking for in a Karting oil for our customers.

however to have an oil that as you say "can be used in all high performance small engines" it has to be compatible with Methanol.

Just stating what the site said:
APPLICATIONS
Briggs & Stratton Synthetic 4T Racing Oil is formulated specifically for stock and modified small-displacement air-cooled racing engines used in kart, junior drag, quarter midget and other racing applications. It is recommended for any four-stroke air-cooled competition engine, whether single- or multi-cylinder, splash- or pressure-lubricated, including Briggs & Stratton V-Twin engines requiring the listed viscosity and lubricating properties. Synthetic 4T Racing Oil is recommended for alcohol- and gasoline-fueled engines. Compatible with mineral oils.

Never said it wasn't recommended for Methanol engines, I said it didn't meet our standards for what we wanted to offer our customers. The Briggs Amsoil is a fine oil as I stated before. They did there home work on developing a great oil, but we wanted something more specific... and so did our customer base. If we don't take care of our customers needs and wants, someone else will...

Back