Oil in fuel tank

karting89

On my akra clone. Recently after running it there was oil in fuel lines and tank. Changed the fuel pump and calve cover but still having the problem. Air is coming out of the breather that is to gonto tbe catch can any ideas?

I would say your valve guides are wore out causing excessive blow by , or possibly a cracked head , anyway , something is letting combustion gasses to escape into the rocker arm area , and building pressure to force it out . Check you catch can and make sure it isn't plugged up , or the line to it as well . Make sure your valves are sealing as they should .

That sounds impossible unless someone put oil in the fuel tank. How can an engine even run if oil is flowing backwards in the fuel line.

I as well agree .
Sundog and Kart 43 are correct .

Maybe you used the weed wacker fuel can by mistake .
Possibly the fuel got contaminated or tank is deteriorating .

I had to re read but he says it’s in the pulse line and in the breather tank line... that’s normal. Just a blowby issue.

(Recently after running it there was oil in fuel lines and tank)
Misinterpretation or misrepresentation highly probable .
If the carb throats full of dirt then the rings are likely gone .
The pulse line and catch tank are entirely possible .

Thank you and to clear things up its not in pulse line. When running it is fine upon turning the motor off it is fine. After sitting for few hours there is oil in line between fuel pump and where it goes into carb and also back through fuel pump to line going to tank and in fuel tank.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back