oil pump in GX270

I'm very intrested to know about the rocker arms you have in that head on the GX270. Are you sure it's a GX270? I can't recall seeing any GX270 with flattop piston unless you milled the piston and decked the block.

I'm working on a GX270 right now that has a billet long rod, billet short piston, billet lifters, 1.2 ratio roller rockers, billet cam, welded combustion chamber head, stainless stock size valves, ported and polished, and an ARC flywheel. This build has been a headache since trying to find the correct piston and long rod since there are none available for the GX270. Only the billet stock length rod.

I don't think that's a 270 with those rockers but could be wrong.
But then again looking at some of the other video's it could be
they have some thing over there we don't have here.

I think it´s possible to be a gx270, and recognize a lot, only thing different for me is the crankgear for balanceshaft

Has some one found out his system he has wrote crosdrilled crank, but it look like the pipein top the block is connected to nipple in sidecover

in one the other video I found this discription;
290cc ART eace piston, rings ,custom cam, cross drilled crank, big valve head. massive compression

One of the other videos shows the oil filter mod, but nothing visible on the outside of the side cover and the video description mentions a rod knock. All the other related videos complain about the 270. Maybe the project wasn't successful.

My first guess is that he's getting oil to the crank between the bearing and seal on the side cover. If that's the case, then that's why it didn't work. The bearing is open and would provide nothing to direct oil into the crank passages. A bearing with a shield or seal on the outboard side would be much better (that's what Honda did to control [low pressure] oil in the single-cam RFVC bike engines), but then the crank seal has to cope with pressure and they don't like that. If there's a drain hole between the bearing and seal, it again wouldn't work for the same reason an open bearing wouldn't work.

I like the rockers though.

EDIT: Correction, it looks like an oil pressure line comes off the side cover and goes to a gauge in this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNx6wYP-k9Y

anybody seen this done before, could be good project for any engines
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AjNVHK4nDc

No, but I've been planning for doing it to a GX340.

Well boys that motor is a Kawasaki FE 290 after some searching I found it. they come in 290 and 350
and yes those rockers in the video are on it take a look just search. good luck

Well boys that motor is a Kawasaki FE 290 after some searching I found it. they come in 290 and 350

But the oil system in that video, is definitely not something that came stock. That stuff is home cooked. And the engine is pretty much the same as gx270, so it would work just the same on the gx270.

wow modifieman
know you are making me confused and curiuos at same time. I´m 99% sure it´s a Honda GX270 but bore out to 290cc instead of factory 270cc, after I have googled "kawasaki FE290", I may think you mean the rockerar´s
link?

I'm looking at the FE290 service manual and none of it looks like the engine in that guy's video. FE290 heads have shaft-mounted rockers with integral rocker stands, six head bolts, an assymmetical two-bolt valve cover, a very different crankcase and cover shape with more ribbing, and no bearing bosses for a balance shaft(because they use a reciprocating link-arm counterbalancer). On top of that, they already have pressurized oiling and the guy was referring to it both as a Honda and a GX270.

The engine in the video may very well have FE290 rockers and/or other parts, but the pedestals look custom and the head casting is definitely big block Honda.

My bag I looked at it again and a again and yes its a true Honda head all I can say is
a lot of work went into it.and yes its sure is custom the head and parts in block.
when looking at the Kawasaki it sure is close.but nice work.jmo but if the kawa
has all this why go through all that?

The oil pumps on Kawasaki engines are driven by an eccentric mounted connecting rod not gears.

Back