Oil

To be honest. The Briggs 4T does everything I waant it to. Switching won't save me enough to matter so why change? What is your end goal?

Regular off the shelf has rust protection .
That recently has swayed my opinions .
Dyno K preformed well for me when were racing 2-3 nights a week .

using mobil 1 ESP 0w20 with good results. its the mobil 1 with the highest zddp. mail order it through Walmart as its hard to find and its green kinda freaked me out when I poured it into my ratio rite

Iv'e had good luck with Lucas Med Kart oil but personaly 51% of the battle i belive is keeping the motor flushed with clean oil . It's not uncommon to run a fresh change for each practice session , heat's and the feature . To some that is excessive but i sleep better at night.

Not saying royal purple is a bad oil all I know is i watched 2 clones and a Flathead blow in same night with only that oil in common

It has been decades since anybody sold a less than adequate oil. Synthetics are the most commonplace for a reason, they work for a much longer period of time than their predecessors. There is certainly great qualities in all racing oils but don't kid yourselves, we are racing rototiller motors . On a molecular level I am positive there are advantages to most high end race oils but only if we were running the same oils for thousands of laps but we don't. We change at obsessively short periods of time. There are oils that are much better in alcohol engines, myself I won't run anything but FHS62R, but for gas engines everything is good. You will hear feedback saying but this has this quality or that but when you're changing oil every 25 laps does it matter? I haven't seen a gas engine of any sort fail because of its oil since the late 70's/ early 80's.

Clean oil. That's my suggestion.
Pick a quality oil, and stick with it. There are many good ones available. All have differing amounts of additives to them, and some start with better base.
Just be careful of different base stocks, as they are not compatible with one another and WILL cause catastrophic failure if the engine is not flushed prior to changing oil bases.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Back