Oil

Filter maintenance? I change my oil as soon as the feature is over while its still hot and hasn't had time to settle. I also flush out the block with some break parts cleaner then blow dry with the air hose. Commonly, my oil looks so clean that it seems like i am wasting it. I also get 30+ races between rebuilds.

Are you using a good air filter ? We’ve ran plenty of nights 4 heats, 2 features (60-70) laps with no issue, without changing oil due to time constraints.
I am using just some filter with a foam sleeve on it. Is there a certain brand you recommend and sleeve. How often do you change those?

I am using just some filter with a foam sleeve on it. Is there a certain brand you recommend and sleeve. How often do you change those?
Not oiling the filter?
Swap them no less than once a night depending how dusty it is.

Lightly, Oil the Filter and the Foamie a few days b4 the race. I religiously change my filter, foamie/Outerwear, every race esp. on my Stock Appearing engines. I use Outerwears on a few filters, no need for oil on them.. But also show up with Fresh oil in my Engine for the heats and change Oil again for the Feature.

I change after each night of racing CoolPower medium green . Never have had any issues , and oil still is green . I was told by a couple of builders , that when your oil changes become blackish in color , it's time for a refresh job .

Back