Oklahoma racers!!!???

hotrod9193

I'm moving back home and need some help finding kart tracks and set up help been racing karts on dirt up north while I was here working and now it's back to the flatlands (thank god!) and I need to kno where to race and info on set ups, motors ect please contact me via PM or post here thanks

idk about any tracks up there but there is a race in wichita falls and one in ardmore oklahoma in feb and march, indoor stuff. look up www.raceshow.net or check out lone star kart nationals on facebook to find more info

Where at in Oklahoma will you be located? Eastern Oklahoma, you have 3-D raceway and there are a couple of other tracks out that way. Central Oklahoma we have El Reno Grascar during the summer and Shawnee indoor during the winter. Southern Oklahoma doesn't have any, you have to go in to Texas. Northern Oklahoma, not sure about. The Texas races are a waste of time, you have to run all 4 races to win anything. Lot of travel money with very little payout. Pro Clone is the top class around here. Not a lot of Animals around here(flat kart anyway) and flatheads are few and far between.

Central oklahoma I'll be about an hour away from Shawnee. I thought all that was was mowers. I saw coodycreekspeedway but there rules for the faster motors are kinda grey was hoping to get some info on the modified motors they run over there. Where do you normaly run?

I would highly recommend making the trip to Coody creek. Super nice people and the show is ran smooth! Watch out for the tires on the outside though. I've seen numerous flips because the tires suck you into them!

Ya that's the track I'm most interested in but I need info on what needs to be done to my motors to compete in the mod class I have a wka stock animal on alky and an akra SA clone idk if that's basically there mod class or if it's any and all mods more like an open class stroker cranks big cams and valves ect just hoping I could get some help on what I need to do to my motors

hotrod, hold on to that Animal, we have all bought them recently and plan to run them as much as possible. We have made a trip to the El Reno track, super nice facility, kinda small, but most tracks are around here. You might also look at OKA (outlaw karting association), they are planning a 6 race tour series, mainly in Texas, but you can run animal, clone and open. Welcome back south, not as much karting, but the weather sure is better!

-Matt

I run El Reno during the summer and shawnee during the winter. I haven't done alot of racing this last year, but plan on it this year. We used to drive out to 3-D (Haskell, oklahoma) raceway, but it's a long drive out there. El Reno is about 20-30 min. away from my house. Shawnee is about an hour. I think they have a modified class at El Reno. There facebook pages is under El Reno Grascar Ass., you might check that for info and there is a link to there website. They are finalizing the schedule now.

hotrod, hold on to that Animal, we have all bought them recently and plan to run them as much as possible. We have made a trip to the El Reno track, super nice facility, kinda small, but most tracks are around here. You might also look at OKA (outlaw karting association), they are planning a 6 race tour series, mainly in Texas, but you can run animal, clone and open. Welcome back south, not as much karting, but the weather sure is better!

-Matt

Ya I ain't letting go of my animal if I don't have to. There any good motor guys out there I'm due for refresh on both motors. As far as the short tracks go that's all I really like I don't like flat foot no lifting type racing. And ya I'm ready to be home in some warm weather gotta thaw out lol. And ill prob go run a tx track a time or two if I have the time. Me and the wife have tossed the idea of building a lil track around my area not gonna be a national level track but atleast somthing I already have land so that's a plus. Thanks for the info keep it coming.
Cody

At Coody creek they have a modified clone class that has to start as a 196 clone open tires and fuel. They also have a outlaw modified class that is any 6.5hp motor with open tires and fuel. Either of those class it is better to have a jackshaft. They do have a rwyb class too.

Hotrod Cody creek is a decent track. I have raced there butits really small about a 1/10 mile. 3d is the best track in eastern okla Haskel okla it is about 1/7-1/6 mile tight turnes 150' straits,on track light syestem plenty pit area, and hosts 2UAS events yearly, along with winged karts 125 and 250.I race strictly at3d now now they have lots of four stroke classes but irace kt100 and rwyb. Try it out and see what you think, they do have a web site you can checkclasses out on 3D raceway.com

At Coody creek they have a modified clone class that has to start as a 196 clone open tires and fuel. They also have a outlaw modified class that is any 6.5hp motor with open tires and fuel. Either of those class it is better to have a jackshaft. They do have a rwyb class too.

Ya but what do I need to do to my stock apearing motors to be competitive with there mods

Hotrod Cody creek is a decent track. I have raced there butits really small about a 1/10 mile. 3d is the best track in eastern okla Haskel okla it is about 1/7-1/6 mile tight turnes 150' straits,on track light syestem plenty pit area, and hosts 2UAS events yearly, along with winged karts 125 and 250.I race strictly at3d now now they have lots of four stroke classes but irace kt100 and rwyb. Try it out and see what you think, they do have a web site you can checkclasses out on 3D raceway.com

Thank you I will look into this

I believe 3D is a burris only, but I also think the RWYB is an open tire rule. I can get with Dee the owner and see. Not sure how quick you are returning to OK, but i'd suggest taking your animal to the indoors shows previously mentioned as they tend to have a good kart count.

Matt

I ain't letting go of this motor until it's scattered all over the track (witch I hope never happens) I should be back by the end of March with a race ready kart. It'll take me a lil bit to get a RWYB motor togeather but I will. Hopefully I can meet a contact down there to befriend so I can get some set up help for the tracks back home. I raced back home just ran stock cars got into karting up here and absolutely love it and don't want to give it up hopefully it won't be to hard to adjust my kart to good ole southern dirt. Keep it going and keep in touch!

At Coody Creek, a jackshaft would make things nicer, but we used to run my open flatheads over 10k there, using a 9 tooth arena clutch with a 78 to 80 rear gear. That was with fairly tall rear tires.

Back